• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Armored Air Jacket in Dallas news (CBS 11)

On June 26th, I was doing practice laps at the Cresson Motor Sport Ranch. I came up a hill going about 100 miles per hour. Not seeing the turn over the hill, I went off the pavement into the grass, then back across the track and into a field.
Um..wow. :roll:

Interesting . . . From their site:

"How Does It Work?
Armored Air Jacket, motorcycle airbag jacket is the necessary equipment for riders. The AIRBAG SYSTEM is designed to protect the human body from being injured fatally.

The breathable and waterproof jacket and vest feature an integrated airbag system with a small Co2 air cartridge and a ripcord. When triggered by the ripcord the airbag will inflate instantly, reducing injury before the accident occurs or before the motorcycle rider impacts with another object.

It inflates in about 0.2 to 0.5 seconds, and will develop an Armor of extra protection to the most vulnerable parts of the rider’s body such as the neck area, chest area, back area and the spine area.

It can be used repeatedly and all parts can be replaced at a minimal cost."

Check out www.safermoto.com as well. They are the US Distributor for the Hit-Air jacket now in use by the police forces in Japan and Spain. Hit-Air has been manufacturing and selling these jackets for 12 years.....bought one yesterday.

On June 26th, I was doing practice laps at the Cresson Motor Sport Ranch. I came up a hill going about 100 miles per hour. Not seeing the turn over the hill, I went off the pavement into the grass, then back across the track and into a field.
Um..wow.

I suppose after ten or twenty laps he got lost.:trust:

That must be one of those new kind of tracks where they change the track configuration every 19 laps!

Yea, the only two curves at the top of a hill I can think of...one you are already in the curve, and the second you have LOTS of track before you get to that big sweeping fast curve. I never got surprised by the big curve, but the first few sessions it was unnerving to be on the throttle going up that hill knowing the curve was on the other side, even if you did know there's plenty of track, you just can't see it and it messes with your head. But eventually you get over that and start running your buddies off the outside of said curve. :mrgreen:

Darn , guy should have taken a few easy laps...Back in the good old days our team WALKED the course several times and took notes before unloading the cars...

Well, add another high dollar item for you ATGATT riders. Perhaps they will have a full suit sometime in the future, and y'all will look like the Michelin man when it deploys.

Love to have one but probably wouldn't wear it during our Texas heat waves. Even mesh is too hot with the temps we've had this year.

Back