• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello Fellow riders

Reaction score
I am a third generation Austinite which is kind of rare these days. I had been out of motorcycling for about 15 years and the bug struck again. After much research and studying I decided on a brand new (2012) Suzuki DR-650 SE, Dual sport. It is absolutely my favorite bike ever owned. I had 1976 Honda 550-four, a 1979 Honda 650-four, then a 1981 Yamaha XS 1100 special. ( I actually got to it's max speed lwhich was listed in the manual 161 mph. Scared the begeezus out of me. Then I stepped down to a 1980 Yamaha XS-850. In 1995 I bought a Honda Rancher 4-weeler and gave it to my son in law. I would love to meet some folks from here in the Austin area to go on rides with. However I need you to realize that I am a DUAL SPORTEST, If I see some rugged road that screams ride me..I will.

Attachments

• SUZY-ZUKI.jpg
    SUZY-ZUKI.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 155
:welcome: I'm too somewhat new to dual sport bikes. Soon you will be studying/asking about "which tires" etc.....

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Check out the weekly Thursday lunches in Austin. One of these other guys will have the details for you no doubt. Or you can find it in the Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events forum.

Welcome to TWT, and welcome back to riding. I'm a big fan of the old Honda inline-4 CB series, too. Owned a '75 CB400 and like you, a '79 CB650.

Back