• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2006 BMW R1200RT For Sale

Reaction score
Bike is in excellent condition cosmetically and mechanically! No scratches, never dropped. All maintenance up to date and it runs perfect. Just got back from 2100 mile weekend to Big Bend so a bit dirty right now! 46K miles and loaded with ESA, cruise, heated grips, radio / cd player, on board computer, etc.., all of the normal RT options. Also has Cee Bailey sport windshield, highway pegs, cylinder head guards, SW Motech rear rack, GPS mount between handlebars. Located in NW Houston, $7200

Attachments

• 25%.jpg
    25%.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 280
By all the "normal RT options" do you mean with factory panniers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it has the saddlebags. Sorry, will add a picture to reference them as well. My Dad rode it to Big Bend this last week with me, we had a blast and the bike performs flawlessly! It is as nice as any used RT you can find anywhere.

Attachments

• 20160815_154852.jpg
    20160815_154852.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 246
Just curious how you would compare the FJR to the RT? Which do you prefer? Obviously the FJR I suppose!

Yea, the FJR is my favorite..! My Dad put the miles on the RT, he loves them! We have it here for him to ride when he visits us here. I get to keep it up and running so that is cool with me! I like the 4 cyl vs any 2 myself, really just wanting to be able to put a few miles on a GT and he will ride anything no more than we do from here each year anyway on a trip(s). The RT is the better of the 2 though for really serious miles at one time. They feel light, have all accessories factory basically, plenty of room, etc... I just like the 4! LOL

LAST REDUCTION: $6000 buys it so I can scratch my itch to ride something different for a while! I guess if it doesn't move at this price I will just ride it on!!! The bike is flawless, at the dealer now in The Woodlands to take care of the only open recall on the bike. Great bike, great price for an RT this clean. Still open to trades that involve an KGT...

Bike is back in my garage after a brake fluid flush along with the fuel pump recall completed at BMW of The Woodlands! It's ready to go! All recalls up to date, nothing outstanding on this fine RT! I have my eyes on a K13GT but really don't have the room without one of these 2 bikes moving first. My wife will be mad if her vehicle sits in the driveway instead of the garage!

Back