• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Seabrook TX Member

Reaction score
Howdy-

Been here in Seabrook for about 5 years now. I ride a 96 Honda XR600R but decided to get something smaller and went with a Kawasaki KLX 250s. Not much in the way of trails in these parts but I like riding the sea wall and anywhere where the asphalt ends. I grew up in west Texas with a lot of desert to play in now I'm searching for anywhere with a dirt road. Thanks for having me.

6b2983496d8797b1e920f1e040843eb6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to TWT. I lived in El Paso for several years - always considered it to be America's largest beach.

Welcome to the site. Nice, lightweight bike to get around on. Very capable.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

You might not want to ride through Houston to get here, but once you get up North of Hwy 105, there are a lot of fun dirt roads to ride. If you have a truck or trailer, there are plenty of places where you can park, unload and ride, then load up and head home. If you like sand, stay on the East side of I-45. If you like hard pack and gravel, stay on the West side of I-45.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

You might not want to ride through Houston to get here, but once you get up North of Hwy 105, there are a lot of fun dirt roads to ride. If you have a truck or trailer, there are plenty of places where you can park, unload and ride, then load up and head home. If you like sand, stay on the East side of I-45. If you like hard pack and gravel, stay on the West side of I-45.

By the time I got my OHV sticker I heard SHNF was shut down due to the heavy storms we just had. It's defiantly on the to do list. Thanks

By the time I got my OHV sticker I heard SHNF was shut down due to the heavy storms we just had. It's defiantly on the to do list. Thanks

You don't need the OHV sticker to ride the public dirt roads. I am not talking about the SHNF trails, where you do need a sticker. I am talking about the miles of dirt county roads and forest service roads that wander all over the place. You can ride these on any street legal bike.

Welcome. I have good memories of fishing the coast off Seabrook. Makes me want to pack up and ride down this weekend.

You don't need the OHV sticker to ride the public dirt roads. I am not talking about the SHNF trails, where you do need a sticker. I am talking about the miles of dirt county roads and forest service roads that wander all over the place. You can ride these on any street legal bike.

Never knew they existed. I appreciate the info. Sounds like I need to so scout the area and drop some pins on the map. I knew there had to be something around the area but the folks I have asked and talked too seemed to keep everything quiet. At least that was the impression I got.Thanks!

Back