• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rendezvous Time!!! Rich Mountain Rendezvous - Sept. 14-17, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great!!! Hey if Q can do it, a shiny new crf can do it?

You are going to ride up there on the 250? :eek2:

Great!!! Hey if Q can do it, a shiny new crf can do it?

Not sure if I'll ride the whole way on the 250. I should just for the shakedown value and to use up more tread on a set of tires I'm replacing even though they're not quite due yet. Have done many long days on it in Mexico so won't be much different, but wanted to bring my "comfort camping" gear so it may all be going in the truck.

There will be some new shiny parts :mrgreen:

I'm in, just registered. Looking forward to it, great event every year!!
Anyone riding up from Houston/Conroe area on Thursday the 14th.?

I'm in, just registered. Looking forward to it, great event every year!!
Anyone riding up from Houston/Conroe area on Thursday the 14th.?

w00t!

Not quite two weeks left, everyone, to get your early bird discount! Just sayin...:trust:

Maybe I've missed something, but where do I sign up to stay in a lodge?

Maybe I've missed something, but where do I sign up to stay in a lodge?

You'll make your reservation directly with the folks at Queen Wilhelmina. We take the info on the RMR site just to be sure we know where to look for you :-)

The group reservation number is there so make sure you use that when you call them to get the discount rate.

Glad you're going to join the fun!

You'll make your reservation directly with the folks at Queen Wilhelmina. We take the info on the RMR site just to be sure we know where to look for you :-)

The group reservation number is there so make sure you use that when you call them to get the discount rate.

Glad you're going to join the fun!

Not positive yet, but checking with the boss

Both riding options available, I don't know much about the off-road riding but the road riding is fantastic in the area!

Not positive yet, but checking with the boss
Bosses are welcome, too [emoji106]

All the kinds of riding are available and are excellent! You can roam with new or old friends, follow a route suggestion on the site, or just make it up as you go.

Last edited:
Remember - $5 off if you register by August 1

Your shirt will be waiting at check in GUARANTEED if you register by August 15. See you soon!

booked camping site 16 at Queen Wilhelmena state park for Sept 12-17. is anyone planning on being there early? will be bringing a DL650 and a DR350. does anyone know any easy dirt roads?

There's a route around the lake that starts about a half mile from the park entrance (turn left out of the entrance, then left onto the road). It's not bad. A little challenging in places. I'd say its level of yikes would depend on if it had rained. It's pretty narrow, too, so meeting someone coming in the other direction would be entertaining. :-)

There are some route suggestions on the RMR site, too, but that's the only one I've ridden. I can't remember what it's called.

Okay. I registered. With my real name...hopefully the woodbutcher email will be a clue that it was me. :-).

Is there an extra fee for camping in the group tent area? I added that to my cart, but it didn't add a fee.

Okay. I registered. With my real name...hopefully the woodbutcher email will be a clue that it was me. :-).

Is there an extra fee for camping in the group tent area? I added that to my cart, but it didn't add a fee.

:-D Gotcha, Rusty!

The tent camping is (estimated) $14/night paid at registration. It will not be more than that but if we can lower it, we will.

Glad you'll be there!!!

I've been going back and forth between camping and trying the lodge, but since my wife is heading for Phoenix then, that means I'll be alone. Seems like a lot of luxury for just me. So the TentMahall for me. :-)

I've been going back and forth between camping and trying the lodge, but since my wife is heading for Phoenix then, that means I'll be alone. Seems like a lot of luxury for just me. So the TentMahall for me. :-)

That the spirit of a true adventure rider!
:clap:

Registered. Will be camping.

Looking forward to the event.

In. :sun: All registered up - planning to pack the tent.

Looking forward to the Tiddler to the Top. :rider:

Also, I'm working on an easy off-pavement Tiddler ride for Friday exploring roads in the National Forest to the East & South of Rich Mtn. Length/time of ride can vary depending upon arrival times of participants. If we have all day, the general idea is to venture twds Little Missouri Falls, riding ±125 miles with the longest distance between gas stops up to 90 miles. An afternoon ride would be ±80 miles with up to 50 miles between gas stops.

So dust off those smaller street legal trail/dual sport bikes and let me know regarding an most-all-day or a 1/2 day Friday the 15th Tiddler exploration and we'll set a departure time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back