• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Waco area

Reaction score
Hi all. I finally got around to getting another bike after an extended hiatus. I just rode home today on an R1200RT, loved every minute of it.
I am in the Waco area. I am a full time student, full time worker and a full time parent too, I will be trying to sneak off to a pie run or two as I get time. Look forward to meeting some of you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Congrats on the new ride!

Welcome!
You are in my neck of the woods. I think... I guess... it depends on who was here first as to whose "neck of the woods" it is?

I have a 1200RT and really enjoy it. Have considered a new one, but mine just keeps on ticking doing what it does best.

Enjoy your Beemer - I know you will.

I already have been. This is my third BMW and it's like the other two merged together and then improved tenfold (except that side stand).

Welcome Kev. Let me know when you want to ride. If I'm not working we'll do it.

I'm down for pretty much any Sunday, or Fridays during the day. I have a horrible schedule, go to school full time while working nights and raising kids too. But Sunday's and Friday days are usually good haha.

Aloha and welcome to TWT. We have tons of BMW riders here you will fit in just fine. Are you planning on doing any motorcycle camping off the BMW? We try to do some meet ups all over Texas for folks to get to know one another. All future posted rides are in the Upcoming ride section in the forum area. Ride safe. KP

I have all kinds of plans for two years from now. However I am in college until December of 2018, so I'm limited to riding socially a couple of days a week. I am commuting back and forth from Stephenville every day on the bike so I'm getting my riding fix.

Regarding the meetups I am planning on being at the one in Brownwood on Sunday. However again there is a caveat, I am a night shift on call nurse, so if I am out all night I will not be showing up. Hopefully all is sane on Saturday night.

Sorry you couldn't make it to Brownwood today. It was a great day for a ride. Saw lots of new (fully paved; the K16 prefers it that way) roads. I'm retired retired so pretty flexible. Give me a buzz sometime and we'll see if we can't get together soon. Are you an MOA member too?

I am not an MOA member. I would love to meet up with you and go for a few rides. I work nights and go to college full time. I'm too old for college but it needs to be done. I am usually free on mondays fridays and Sunday mornings. I had my in laws birthday lunch that I had forgotten about today or I would have been in Brownwood. I will pm my info. Feel free to call or text anytime. If I don't answer I'm either working or in class but I'm pretty reliable about returning calls or messages.

Enjoy, big guy!

Mitch I have been. She's up over 19k miles now, needs a wash badly at the moment....hwy 6 has been bug central this week haha. I will give you a call tomorrow and see what your availability is on Saturday afternoon.

She needed the miles.

Katy still has the dealer tag and I'm approaching 5K miles. :chug:

Back