• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New Face!!

Reaction score
I just registered, so I'll post a short auto-biography!! I live in Corsicana, Tx. , am 54 years old and retired from Southwestern Bell Telephone. I ride a Kawasaki ZX-12R. I know---that's a lot of bike for a 54 year old, but my 2 sons have GSXRs and with the 12, I don't have to eat much of their dust!! We trailer our bikes to Colorado every summer and ride for a week or two and that's the most fun I know how to have on one!!! I have been riding since age 18, and I am single now, so I don't have to ask permission when I decide to ride! Greg.

Glad you found us, Greg - that means I'm not the oldest guy here anymore! :mrgreen: :wink:

If you like the twisty roads in Colorado, I bet you'd love northern Arkansas too. You and your sons need to join Tourmeister Scott the next time he does a trip up there. Check his Backroads Tours website - http://www.backroadmotorcycletours.com/ - from time to time for a schedule of all the rides and trips he's going to lead next years. He should have it updated soon.

Hey, Greg, welcome.

What color is your 12? I didn't realize that Kawasaki had a racing green and one that is more lustrous. A guy I know has a 12R with the latter, and it's droolicious... :-D

Thanks

Thanks for the welcome guys!! My Kawasaki is indeed green, (which limits helmet choices!!), and I've made a few small changes to kind of personalize it and it's been trouble-free so far---5900 miles. I will try to keep up with the Arkansas trips. Thanks again. Greg.

>> Glad you found us, Greg - that means I'm not the oldest guy here anymore! <<

Unfortunately at 56 I'm older than both of you. Please tell me there is someone on this forum closer to the big six - oh than me!

:tab Hehe Mick, there are indeed a few, but they shall remain nameless to protect the innocent! They are deceptively quick as well :eek:

Adios,

Back