• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A real newbie here!

MattyC

Reaction score
Well I keep reading introductions from "newbies" who've been riding for 10-20+ years! :eek: That would make my wife and me embryos, I guess, because we've only been riding for a month! We took the MSF course in October and got us some beginner bikes (GS500 for me and Rebel 250 for her) and good gear. Just wanted to introduce myself. This seems like a great board with some friendly folks. Tourmeister, I see that earlier this year you organized some rides for newer riders. I hope you can do that again soon -- we'd love to join! :mrgreen:

Thanks,

Matt

PS. We're in Houston on the west side.

Hey, Matt.

FINALLY, someone who, like me, recently took up this addiction. It was getting kind of intimidating having folks who've ridden longer than I've been alive. ;)

Welcome. I did mention this was an addiction, didn't I? :-D

Welcome. Good to see beginners riding bikes that are suitable for beginners.

Conversation I had at work the other day:
"So what kind of bike do you have?"
"CBR600RR"
"Cool! What did you ride before that?"
"Nothing."
"Umm... oh."

My brother had a GS500E for a while. Good, fun bike.

Welcome Aboard

Good to hear you and your wife have decided to ride. It is such a wonderful experience and you meet the nicest people (Could make an ad - Haha). I ride on the NW Houston side near Jersey Village. I'm always open to riding. My daughter is just starting. She wanted to ride my VStar but I bought a nice 250 NightHawk so she will stay riding. Good choices in motorcycles and definitely a good choice in websites!

:-D

brd said:
Welcome. Good to see beginners riding bikes that are suitable for beginners.

Conversation I had at work the other day:
"So what kind of bike do you have?"
"CBR600RR"
"Cool! What did you ride before that?"
"Nothing."
"Umm... oh."

My brother had a GS500E for a while. Good, fun bike.

One of my paramedics just bought a GSX-R750 for his first bike. He thought the 1000 might be too much. :roll: Couldn't talk him out of it.

txmedic said:
One of my paramedics just bought a GSX-R750 for his first bike. He thought the 1000 might be too much. :roll: Couldn't talk him out of it.

:eek: Thought the 1000 was too much. Heck, several cycle rags have commented that the 750 can be an even better ride than the 1000. Only down a few HP but alot lighter. And oh by the way, it was Motorcyclists sportbike of the year last year. When will people learn.

txmedic said:
One of my paramedics just bought a GSX-R750 for his first bike. He thought the 1000 might be too much.

Hey, at least he'll be able to render his own roadside first aid... :?

Conversation overheard at a local dealer just a while back::::

Hey Tom can you take this guys bike to the Cove on the pick-up?

Why doesn't he just ride there himself, its just right down the road!

Cause he doesn't have any buisness on a bike like this!!

Didn't stop them from selling it though. :roll:

Welcome Matt & Wife to the TWT Family,

I am also a new rider since July w/ a GS500E also. It's a great bike (once I had a few things done -- like have the suspension lowered). I am looking forward to the newbie rides next year. :-D I have been on previous trips w/ Tourmeister & Blue Bomber but only as a passenger. Unfortunately, I have not put too many miles on my bike yet and now the weather is getting unfavorable. :x The furtherest I've traveled is out Loop 336 in Conroe -- still need to break in my seat. The majority of my riding has been down the National Forest on FM 149 to Kings in Montgomery. Looking forward to meeting you both. :lol:

Back