• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New (to me) GS rider in Austin

ThomasM

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Last Name
Mangold
Been lurking here a while and finally made time to meet up at Billy's the last couple weeks and got to meet Scott and several of the folks there a couple weeks ago and Janet and Ken and a few others at the coffee trailer this past Thursday. Enjoyed meeting you guys and hope to make lunch more often if tax season doesn't kill me.

Rode dirt back in the high school days but hadn't been on anything for 15 years until last year. Rented a bunch of different bikes last year including a 1200 GSA around the Rockies last summer and knew that was what I'd be buying, you know, someday....picked up an 07 R1200GS from LSBMW back in November and been having a blast on it. Will try to post up some day trip reports later.

Oh yea, pictures.....all I have are iPhone shots right now. Guess I'll have to steal one of my wife's 9 cameras to keep in the tank bag.

First ride while it was still clean:
th_IMG_0820.jpg

First time I took my daughter out on it:
th_IMG_0842.jpg

Looking forward to meeting more of you soon.

Thomas

Talk about starting back out with a bang! Awesome :) If you follow my philosophy of dropping 100 lbs on every bike you buy after getting back into the saddle, you should have a good 4 bikes to go :trust:

Welcome to the site, from another Austin GS (okay, GSA) rider.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Nice choice in bikes! Very cool that your daughter gets to ride with you. I am hoping I will be able to take mine riding soon. She's seven right now and anxious to get started.

Hi Tom,

Welcome to TWTEX. :sun:

We chatted over coffee at the last Billy's on Burnet shindig...hope to see you again soon!

RB

Back