• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Another new guy

Reaction score
Hey all new to the site and new to Texas(El Paso). Recent transplant from the Midwest. Can't wait to start exploring the southwest and our neighbor to the south. I got lots to learn about riding the desert :sun: This is definitely different than riding the great northern Midwest woods.

My rides DR350 and DL650:

IMAG0092-S.jpg

1233317087_5vdFc-S.jpg

Welcome to TWT and El Paso. I’m originally from Wisconsin so I know what riding the logging trails in the upper Midwest is all about. I have not put a lot of miles on in this neck of the desert, due to recovering from back surgery but I am good to go now. Let me know if you would like to get meet to do some riding.

Thanks guys!

Hey I'm from Wisconsin also so yes it was all those logging roads I was riding throughout Northern WI and the UP.... some of them overgrown some not so much.

I saw that big bend ride, bad timing on my part. Looks like a great time. I'm hoping to get out there next month sometime for a ride, can't wait to ride BB.

Thanks guys!

Hey I'm from Wisconsin also so yes it was all those logging roads I was riding throughout Northern WI and the UP.... some of them overgrown some not so much.

I saw that big bend ride, bad timing on my part. Looks like a great time. I'm hoping to get out there next month sometime for a ride, can't wait to ride BB.

Much past the end of April and it starts getting HOT out there... Cools off again around Thanksgiving ;-)

Welcome to TWT and Texas. I spent some very happy years in El Paso. What brings you there? Army?

Cheese heads invade Texas... Welcome to Texas. You will find alot to like about our beloved Texas. Head to Big Bend and ride the real Texas.

Lots of good dirt riding out that way. Don't know if it's still like this, but we used to be able to drive east toward Horizon City, & turn off onto any of hundred dirt/sand road for a little dirt biking or just sliding around in my beat up old Opel.

The joke in those days was that it was a bit of a walk to the ocean, but there was about 600 miles of nice beach in between.

:welcome: Definitely go to Big Bend. Also from El Paso you can ride dirt up towards Cloudcroft, NM around the east side of Fort Bliss. Great summer riding in the mountains.

Lots of good dirt riding out that way. Don't know if it's still like this, but we used to be able to drive east toward Horizon City, & turn off onto any of hundred dirt/sand road for a little dirt biking or just sliding around in my beat up old Opel.

The joke in those days was that it was a bit of a walk to the ocean, but there was about 600 miles of nice beach in between.

Ha, I like that. I haven't been much East but I know Horizon city is pretty built up based on my house search there was A LOT selling out there. But when I flew in I was doing my little aerial recon and saw tons of roads down there and just thought ohhhh the possibilities haha.

That said I got a lot to learn about the desert. Woods I know...desert no freakin way.

:welcome: Definitely go to Big Bend. Also from El Paso you can ride dirt up towards Cloudcroft, NM around the east side of Fort Bliss. Great summer riding in the mountains.

Oh i'm going to Big Bend..the pictures on the Uncle's Around the Bend Rally def sold me! Looks incredible.

Drove through Cloudcroft once and I love it. Definitely spending a lot of time with my tent and bike up there in the Lincoln National Forest.

Back