• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New non-Texan onboard...

Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Carpenter
Hi all!
This is Mike Carpenter from Munich, Germany. Came upon this forum through Tim Shelfer, an old classmate of mine. We both graduated from Munich High way back in '69...
At 62, I feel like I'm "middle-aged" but going strong. My current bike is a KTM 990 Adventure that I got in 2007. Sorry, but I have to figure out how to post pics on this forum, so bear with me on this, the greatest source of problems on my computer is in front of the keyboard..
Once a year, I head off for a 2-3 week ride , usually with other bikers. Most of the time, we head for northern Italy since it's right around the corner. But I've left some tracks in England, Scotland, France, Belgium (mostly nice & flat), Switzerland, Austria, Croatia, Bosnia (still has minefields), and Greece. And this year, the trip will be to Spain & Portugal to get away from this weather.
When not on the bike, I'm an independent consultant in the field of IT purchasing. So I pick the projects I want to work on and make sure they don't conflict with my tours...
Thanks for letting me join you all, looking forward to hearing from you when you have the time.
Chat with you soon!
Mike Carpenter

Attachments

• DSCN0077.jpg
    DSCN0077.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 122
Well, I see you found your way in, Mike. I'll be the first to welcome you to TWT. I wasn't going to tell our ages, but hey, Nixon was a new president when we graduated.

I'll give you some help later on good ways to post pictures. Took me about a year to figure it out (never said I was smart).

Hello Mike, Glad you are here!
I was born in Landstuhl, dad was military.
:welcome:

Pick meeeee, pick meeee, pleeeeeease

I've been living vicariously through Mike's routes for a couple of years, Philip. As soon as I can convince Mike to park a "guest" F800GS in the garage, I'll be over there in a heartbeat.

Welcome to the site, I lived in Munich for a few months and loved the south of Germany.. I also lived in the south of France for 15 years and loved it even more than Germany!! But it's all great.. I was born in England and then lived in San Jose and Texas before moving to Seattle a few months ago, not loving the snow as much.. :lol2:

Gary

Back