• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Enduros?

Y'all have fun in Sweetwater today. Wish I could make it but work calls, I was looking forward to this one too as the campers next to me in Lubbock are the organizers. I'm actually in the same hotel as the Yamaha Supercross team this weekend which is a bit ironic.

Wasn't that race a "sprint" enduro? Think I'd get too tired without a few check points to slack around for a bit. Dunno, never rode one.

Yes, Concho is a pretty technical. I wouldn't really call it tree tight though. Lots of cedar trees. The C course usually has some fun open type stuff, but they have some really rocky terrain. Youtube Concho enduro. You will find some good footage of past races. I always enjoy that race, but never really done to well there.

Concho was a hoot! It has it all...rocks, hills, sand...you name it. The most technical race I've run so far. The facilities are good and the club members are all over the place at check points to help you out. Cookies at a check point! Way cool.

Caveat: The long course is very technical. This would not be fun for someone just getting their feet wet.

Sorry I missed it, I was on the West Coast but tried to get back for the weekend at least, however the gods of equipment shipping were having none of it.

Yes, they who ship the equipment can be a royal ****! Been stuck waiting for stuff to get something working.... no leaving before getting it done sometimes.

Interesting thread, now something to look fwd to this fall.

I will go pick this up a week from Tuesday

IMAG0013-L.jpg

Thought you'd never ask ;-)

IMG_20170323_163130-L.jpg

That's the low seat from Concepts. "Somewhat" comfortable (100% better than stock though), I'm having it slightly modded by a guy here in Dallas that does custom foam work, I'll let you know how it works out.

Last edited:
Thought you'd never ask ;-)

That's the low seat from Concepts. "Somewhat" comfortable (100% better than stock though), I'm having it slightly modded by a guy here in Dallas that does custom foam work, I'll let you know how it works out.

Sweet, you have good taste :clap:

I thought about getting the 501 but they are scarce now and the 18's wont be out until maybe Sept per the rep.

it will get the suspension shimmed Tuesday and then a few tweaks to get it to run better :sun:

after I get it broke in I will run over to Trophy Club a couple of times before I head to Utah in July

Philip - This thread is exactly what I have been thinking about. I am only about an hour from you. I have been trying to sell this idea to a Dallas friend of mine, but he is flaking out on me. Maybe we could meet sometime?

Last edited:
Philip - This thread is exactly what I have been thinking about. I am only about an hour from you. I have been trying to sell this idea to a Dallas friend of mine, but he is flaking out on me. Maybe we could meet sometime?

Would be great. My schedule's a little crazy right now but let me know. You're welcome to take the KTM out for a thrash too.

Would be great. My schedule's a little crazy right now but let me know. You're welcome to take the KTM out for a thrash too.

I'm ready when you are. I have a '04 KTM 450 that is ready to go.

Last edited:
Back