• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Prayers for my daughter looking for a job

WoodButcher

Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Last Name
Myers
This is more of a peace of mind request than anything. She has graduated with her masters degree in Environmental Management in May and is looking for that dream job to start a career. She just found out the job she had high hopes for didn't pan out. So she's frustrated. I know she'll get a good job, but she just needs to understand that it may take a while. So some prayers for some peace and of course, a job too, would be great. Thanks.

Will do. I know how you feel. My 20 year old daughter is also having difficulty finding her "dream job".

Last edited:
Thanks for the PM Jason. I'll pass that info along to her...in the next room. :-)

Colossian's 3:15 is a prayer I use when making most decisions. I like it in Amplified, and pray it often.
Let the peace ( soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule ( act as umpire continually)in your hearts ( deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state) to which as (members of Christ's) one body you were called (to live). And be thankful (appreciative) [giving praise to God always].
God will open doors no man can shut and close doors that no man can open through a thankful heart. Our job is to keep our foot out of the way :) and he will, direct our paths.

Prayers up. My daughter took almost a year after graduation to get her job so I fully understand. Tell her to hang in there. Good things will come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just remind her that very few get their dream jobs right after graduation, so she may need to take some others before she gets there. But her field is hot right now and probably will be for the foreseeable future.

Prayers. I have a neighbor/connection at Duke Energy in their Enviro Compliance; I can pass along her resume.

We do a lot of environmental compliance work but it's mostly out in California lately. I'd be happy to take a look at her resume and see if we might have anything we could use her for if she's interested. I'm with www.safetyms.com.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, I appreciate the links/resources people have posted and pm'd to me. I've talked to her about most. She's up in Waco today so we'll talk again tonight. I think not getting the job that seemed so perfect to her was the big part of her frustration. Also, most of her friends from graduate school got jobs right away, but they were more flexible on where they wanted to work. She decided to concentrate in one geographic area. All part of the learning process.

thanks again. Prayers have helped as she has gotten back to being focused again.

26 years out of school and I am still looking for that "perfect" job :-P Sometimes you just have to take what is available and let other opportunities arise. I bet if you polled 100 people, maybe 1 or 2 of them would be in a job where they planned from the very beginning to be in that particular job. Life is often like surfing. You know what direction you want to go but you can't always control which wave is going to get you there...

Graduated with a BS in Environmental Science in 2006 and have spent the past eleven years working in municipal wastewater treatment. Not a "dream job" and I did not imagine myself doing it when I decided to go to college, but it has been great. I may never be rich, but I have been comfortable for this entire recession.

It might be worth looking into the public sector if she has not yet.

26 years out of school and I am still looking for that "perfect" job :-P I bet if you polled 100 people, maybe 1 or 2 of them would be in a job where they planned from the very beginning to be in that particular job. Life is often like surfing. You know what direction you want to go but you can't always control which wave is going to get you there...

Ha! I think I wasted my money. I've never had a job to use my schooling. I spent 37 years in a completely unrelated arena! :doh:

I am not in a job I planned to be in, but I am at least using my education. I be an engineer...

In my thoughts. Hope for a positive outcome soon.

Back