• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble area riders!

Reaction score
Just fishing a bit here. I haven't had much seat time in the past year, so it's time to get it dusted off and out there again.

I'm in Atascocita, so anybody out there ready to ride? If we can get a few regulars fired up, maybe a regular meet n eat?

Post up! let's see what we can do!

Re: NE Houston - Atascocita/Humble are riders!

He had me at "eat", but I am kind of hungry now. The BBQ sandy at the Ride for Kids ain't gonna cut it.

Sounds good Steve. I have a very packed schedule the next month or so but post up a venue, time and day and hopefully I can join.

_

OK... how about start with the day?

Saturday works best for me.

Any "can't miss" places to eat that we need to include on a list? maybe a mid morning start and a mid afternoon end with lunch tossed in at somebody's favorite spot in the road?

I'm flexible on the time... early, late, whatever.

what works best?

We still await you coming to ride with us...hehe

How about early Saturday like 7:00am - 7:30am at Buster's Brew (1485/494)? Head out towards Brenham to search for the listeria source?

1485 to 242 to 1488 to 290 .....

How about early Saturday like 7:00am - 7:30am at Buster's Brew (1485/494)? Head out towards Brenham to search for the listeria source?

Perfect idea....we can show you some great roads out here...listeria not included...

Perfect idea....we can show you some great roads out here...listeria not included...

Something has to be done. The little neighborhood store down the street has a freezer full with a big sign that says "No Blue Bell Sales". I have considered putting on a ski mask and robbing them, not for the money, but for the Blue Bell.

Its sad to say but we are hauling 80 tons a day of Blue Bell to the dump....they have over 55,000 pallets going to the dump...if ya'll decide to come this way let us know...any questions your welcome to call...979-251-6249...Keith

Its sad to say but we are hauling 80 tons a day of Blue Bell to the dump....they have over 55,000 pallets going to the dump...if ya'll decide to come this way let us know...any questions your welcome to call...979-251-6249...Keith

Pssst... PM me that dump location please....:eat:

I don't find many that are fired up about the early-thirty rides... I could do that. if we left Busters at about 7:30, we would be in Brenham around 9...

I could do that. Meet at Busters at 7 am, KSU, headed for Brenham at 7:30?

Any other takers?

Last edited:

I don't find many that are fired up about the early-thirty rides... I could do that. if we left Busters at about 7:30, we would be in Brenham around 9...

I could do that. Meet at Busters at 7 am, KSU, headed for Brenham at 7:30?

Any other takers?

If I could join, early would be fine for me also. Unfortunately I just checked my schedule and next open Saturday for me is May-30.

Unless you're just bee-lining to Brenham to make time, I would look into a more interesting route to get there. If you take a little bit longer route the roads northeast of Brenham can be the highlight of your day.

Have fun and ride safe.

_

I would bee-line to Brenham...all the fun and excitement is here :rofl::rider:

If I could join, early would be fine for me also. Unfortunately I just checked my schedule and next open Saturday for me is May-30.

Unless you're just bee-lining to Brenham to make time, I would look into a more interesting route to get there. If you take a little bit longer route the roads northeast of Brenham can be the highlight of your day.

Have fun and ride safe.

_

Anything other than a fairly direct route would pretty much turn into a day ride itself. You are also welcome to pick a route. I just threw out a suggestion. I got more.

Woodville/Newton day ride?

Typical Carlos run?

Milam run?

Salmon Lake/Crockett run?

Sam Rayburn run?

Toldeo Bend run?

I'm out for Brenham.

Maybe next time Ryan. Maybe a run to the Tree in Woodville for lunch sometime soon? I'm only a post or two away from not making Brenham myself.

Maybe next time Ryan. Maybe a run to the Tree in Woodville for lunch sometime soon? I'm only a post or two away from not making Brenham myself.

Sounds good. That's not far from where I typically ride. The roads around the Lake Livingston area are great, less traveled, and close to home. I'm waiting until my little lady recovers from surgery and can get back on her bike before I do a ride out towards the Fayetteville.

Anything other than a fairly direct route would pretty much turn into a day ride itself. You are also welcome to pick a route. I just threw out a suggestion. I got more...

I said that thinking the ride was to the Brenham listeria plant and back. Now it seems you're planning a ride loop once you arrive in Brenham.

You don't want me to pick a route as my route navigation computer (brain) is wired to connect pavement with as much dirt/gravel as I can find. But I do enjoy riding pavement only also just best if I follow and not lead to be safe. Your guy's street bikes are too nice to abuse in dirt.

_

I will be happy to lead once you guys get here if you decide to....i know all the best roads around here...

I said that thinking the ride was to the Brenham listeria plant and back. Now it seems you're planning a ride loop once you arrive in Brenham.

You don't want me to pick a route as my route navigation computer (brain) is wired to connect pavement with as much dirt/gravel as I can find. But I do enjoy riding pavement only also just best if I follow and not lead to be safe. Your guy's street bikes are too nice to abuse in dirt.

_

I'm good with the dirt. Pick a route, set it for the 30th. I'll be there. I grew up in East Texas riding a Yammy 150 enduro in the mid 70's for, oh about a million miles, or seemed like it anyway. Back then it was not a huge deal to find days of dirt to ride. Not so much anymore. I got land in Milam, and there are some great dirt roads up there. Long way for a day run, but maybe a campout is in order. I know the owners of Holly Park. We could camp at the lake for cheap I bet. They even have some decent rooms for non tenters.

I said that thinking the ride was to the Brenham listeria plant and back. Now it seems you're planning a ride loop once you arrive in Brenham.QUOTE]

Nah, I was kidding about Blue Bell. I slab it to Austin a couple of times a month for work. 290 or 71. I have bee-lined to and past Brenham more times than I care to count. I enjoy the scenic routes as much as the next guy. Just wish it was closer.

One of my fondest memories as a young boy was a weekend trip to Summerville. My dad worked with a guy who had a rental place on the lake back then. We pulled up to the house, and sure enough I spot 2 Honda 50's under the porch. I rode that little 50 all over the place the whole weekend. That was the last Brenham riding trip I have taken in the past 40 years.

There was an old car out in a field by the lake that looked like the old Bonnie & Clyde car. Had been shot up a few hundered times. When you are a kid, you will believe just about anything. I imagined Clyde sitting behind the wheel ducking the bullets.

Hey Steve how you been, I haven't had much seat time this last year either. I need to make time , if you post up a ride I'll do my best to make it.

Back