• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member from Kerrville

Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Hey Y'all, I'm Jared. A friend of mine from my hometown of Corpus referred me here several months ago(Im not sure what his username is). I moved to Kerrville about a year and a half ago. Been into motorcycles off and on for years. Now that I finally own the one I've always wanted, I'm anxious to go on a weekend to week long trip. I work full time plus side jobs and have 2 little ones at home, so I don't have much free time, but maybe some day I'll get to hit the road and do some camping. I'm hoping this group can help me prepare my bike and mind. I get a lot of computer time at work, so I look forward to chatting with y'all. :chug:

Previous bikes owned from first to current: '00 Ninja 250, '09 DR200se, '78 CB550(never got it road worthy), '14 CB500X, '10 Blast, '13 DR650

Last edited:
Thank y'all for the warm welcome! I just remembered, before I was referred here I spotted a TWTEX sticker on the front door of a little café in Medina, TX.

Aloha and welcome to TWT. We do a bunch of camping here so when you are ready there will be plenty of opportunities. So the DR is what you ride now? We have a ton of adventure riders here that have dual-sport rides. There is going to be a Strom-a-thon in your area soon that you can drop in on and say hi. Post a pic of the Suzuki when you get the chance. KP
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112625

Last edited:
Awesome, Ill have to try and make it out to that event.

Here is the only photo I could get to upload without failing:
http://www.twtex.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=844&pictureid=4389
picture.php

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Here is the only photo I could get to upload without failing:

Attachments cannot be any larger than 640 X480 or 195.3 KB.

When you open the "Manage Attachments" box, scroll down and you will see the list of allowed file types and their respective restrictions.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Attachments cannot be any larger than 640 X480 or 195.3 KB.

When you open the "Manage Attachments" box, scroll down and you will see the list of allowed file types and their respective restrictions.

Thank you Sir. I'm still feeling my way around the site. I haven't been on a forum in a long time. I'll figure out the photos eventually. I'm better with a wrench than a keyboard.

Hey Y'all, I'm Jared. A friend of mine from my hometown of Corpus referred me here several months ago(Im not sure what his username is). I moved to Kerrville about a year and a half ago. Been into motorcycles off and on for years. Now that I finally own the one I've always wanted, I'm anxious to go on a weekend to week long trip. I work full time plus side jobs and have 2 little ones at home, so I don't have much free time, but maybe some day I'll get to hit the road and do some camping. I'm hoping this group can help me prepare my bike and mind. I get a lot of computer time at work, so I look forward to chatting with y'all. :chug:

Previous bikes owned from first to current: '00 Ninja 250, '09 DR200se, '78 CB550(never got it road worthy), '14 CB500X, '10 Blast, '13 DR650
welcome, TX HB you actually do need to do one thing to the bike. the NSU screws need to be loctited and safety wired. then just burn lots of gasoline. the DR is a great bike. the STROM-A-THON is coming up in April and it's being hosted at the KOA campground there in Kerrville. My DR and i will be there. by the way, when you get some free time post up a ride and let me know.

Last edited:
welcome, TX HB you actually do need to do one thing to the bike. the NSU screws need to be loctited and safety wired. then just burn lots of gasoline. the DR is a great bike. the STROM-A-THON is coming up in April and it's being hosted at the KOA campground there in Kerrville. My DR and i will be there. by the way, when you get some free time post up a ride and let me know.

Thanks Viffer. The PO did the NSU fix. He seemed to be very knowledgable. He's the one that installed the tank, bars, manrack, tank bag, and Mag oil plug. I did the heated grips and just made a dash today(thread to come). I definitely will let you know if I plan a ride. Helotes ain't far from here.

Thanks Viffer. The PO did the NSU fix. He seemed to be very knowledgable. He's the one that installed the tank, bars, manrack, tank bag, and Mag oil plug. I did the heated grips and just made a dash today(thread to come). I definitely will let you know if I plan a ride. Helotes ain't far from here.
3 of us on DRs did about 185 miles on dirt county roads around Quihi and Castroville, saw deer,turkey,pigs, lions, tigers but no bears.

Back