• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Louisiana Ride Suggestions

cweaver61

Chuck
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
My friend from Costa Rica, Ricardo, and I want to spend a week or so riding roads through and around the swamps and bayous of LA, but we are clueless. Can you give us some suggestions for beautiful and interesting one or two day rides. We are open to where we ride.

Last edited:
I've made a few trips to south-central Louisiana and recommend ya'll find some good restaurants and plan your ride to those. Once you get past Texas, south Louisiana has few good roads for motorcycling. And lots of bumps.

Natchitoches is a cool little town and there's a few good roads around the Sabine NF. Then there's the Natchez Trace. Some people like it but I've tried it twice and had to force myself to stay on it for an hour just to give it a fair assessment.

Stop through Uncertain Tx if you have a chance. Moss on the trees, find a swampboat guide to take you out in the swamps. There's a Storage/RV park in there that rents single-wides and will sometimes let us camp if he's full. Its more Louisiana than Louisana.

Here's a link,.... good roads are few apart and far between. I seem to recall Egan did a trip there and wrote about it in one of his articles, his theme was Blue's and even that seemed pretty uninteresting to me.

Good luck with the routes. http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Louisiana_94.html

I've made a few trips to south-central Louisiana and recommend ya'll find some good restaurants and plan your ride to those. Once you get past Texas, south Louisiana has few good roads for motorcycling. And lots of bumps.

Good suggestion re: ride to eat - plenty of good eats in area. I enjoy visiting the Breaux Bridge area and LA31 that runs N/S along the Bayou Teche is an interesting route but can be congested in places. The best roads in central Louisiana are the smaller state highways that generally follow the bayous - seldom straight, sometimes shady, always interesting. For example, look up Goudeau, LA on the map and search roads similar to LA361.

Unfortunately, many of the roads are bumpy and some have groves/depressed areas with abrupt edges from the cane trucks and soft soil. I suggest avoiding "truck routes" such as LA1, US71, US167, US190 and such.

Old topic but there are a couple of generally north to south roads cutting
through the Atchafalaya River Basin I would like to explore on the DRZ

Back