• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi all

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Hello all,

Joined the site couple days ago but haven't got much time to explore yet. So whats happening these days (other than storms!)?

I live in Denton and just got a BMW F650. Hope to meet you all.

Thanks!

Ben

welcome.gif
Ben!

Our Tarrant County group meets on Tuesday nights for food, gawking, and talking. One (or more) of our regulars rides down from Denton (when he isn't out-of-town :miffed: )

We usually try to decide where it will be before Monday, but sometimes it takes a while. ;-)

Maybe you can come join us sometime.

Hey Ben, welcome to the site. Its customary to show pics of your bike, but seeing as you just got the 650, we can wait a couple of weekends. I don't know BMWs that well, is your the 650GS Dakar? My shop in Austin carries BMW, and that is one model that I'd really like to try, although the Suzuki 400 is more bike than I could handle offroad.

If your bike is the model I'm thinking, and you do happen to get it down in the mud, PLEASE get some pics and post up. You'll find quite a few shots on this site of bikes laying in the low water crossing. There must be an unwritten rule that the next riding buddy has to get a camera before coming to the aid of the doused rider.

Thank you all for warm welcome.

Mine is 2001 F650GS. I have never done off road riding yet. Need to get some more experience with the bike. I will put up some pics though as soon as I get a new camera.

Hey Ben, welcome to the site. Its customary to show pics of your bike, but seeing as you just got the 650, we can wait a couple of weekends. I don't know BMWs that well, is your the 650GS Dakar? My shop in Austin carries BMW, and that is one model that I'd really like to try, although the Suzuki 400 is more bike than I could handle offroad.

If your bike is the model I'm thinking, and you do happen to get it down in the mud, PLEASE get some pics and post up. You'll find quite a few shots on this site of bikes laying in the low water crossing. There must be an unwritten rule that the next riding buddy has to get a camera before coming to the aid of the doused rider.

Hi Ben, it was great meeting you on Tuesday night. You'll remember me as the guy from Germany. I hope to go riding with you sometime. Maybe we can get Mikeal (IDR) to show us some nice roads around here. He knows these backroads like the back of his hand, and I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get him to show them to us :trust: !

Welcome Ben ! If you ever head down south look us up.

Dave.

Back