• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello All! New Member Here from Kingwood, TX

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Good day to you all. I'm new to TWT. A friend recommended it to me. I'm 31 and currently don't have a bike, but have been riding for about 2 years now. Mostly I've ridden my father-in-laws '03 Harley Sportster 1200C. I've put about 3000 miles on it over the past year. Most of my riding destinations have been in and around the Houston/Galveston/Lake Livingston areas. I also ride with my brother-in-law. He has 2 Honda CR250 2strokes, one of which I borrow from time to time. We try and get together and ride at least a couple of times a month.

My main purpose for joining TWT is to find out some good places to ride dirt bikes. I'm getting ready to buy a bike in a few months, but don't really have a close place to go riding that is either free or charges a minimal amount.

I'd love to hear any suggestions.

Steve (a.k.a. MCDreamer...That's MotorCycle Dreamer, not Mc Dreamer, by the way) hahahaha

:welcome: Steve!

I'm sure somebody will chime in with some useful info here shortly.
I'm currently relegated to the street as my XR200 is in desperate need of work.

:welcome: Steve

What type riding are you planning on doing? MX, Trails or a combination? There is a MX track in Splendora and one on the northside of Highlands. The Sam Houston National Forest is just a short drive to the northwest outside of New Waverly. There is also Outlaw Trax a Hare Scramble/Trail riding facility located just down the road from SHNF. Outlaw Trax is for members only and I can get you information on the membership if you are interested. Several TWT's are members at Outlaw Trax and some of us are members of MSRA which is the Hare Scramble Club that maintains the trails at Outlaw.

Back