• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2012 Texas Adventure Ride & Texas Adventure Challenge, Apr 19-22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longest distance between fuel stops will be about 160 miles (Langtry to Sonora, day 2).

1.5 gallons, fits in a backpack or mount on the fender, $43.77
41JqGdRkkGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Kolpin-Fuel-Pack-Junior-Mount/dp/B003UZ05CA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1327444840&sr=8-4"]http://www.amazon.com/Kolpin-Fuel-Pack-Junior-Mount/dp/B003UZ05CA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1327444840&sr=8-4[/ame]

Hey J.T. how about a picture of the gas can you bought in PANDALE?......Remember that one :rofl:

Remember it? I'm hoping he has it full and strapped on the back of the Pig for the TAC. Jack (or I) might need it...

Let's hope you don't need it. I'll be running sweep and you may have to wait a while before I get there. :mrgreen:

Day's Inn, Junction

Riders, I got a call today from Peter, the new owner of the Day's Inn in Junction. Peter called to extend an invitation for any rider to stay at the Day's Inn during TAR/TAC weekend. He is offering rooms at $55 per night for a single or a double. That price includes breakfast. If you want more information about this property here's their web site.

Day's Inn, Junction

Riders, I got a call today from Peter, the new owner of the Day's Inn in Junction. Peter called to extend an invitation for any rider to stay at the Day's Inn during TAR/TAC weekend. He is offering rooms at $55 per night for a single or a double. That price includes breakfast. If you want more information about this property here's their web site.

Already signed up at the FREE BEER Hotel ! :lol2:

OK - I'm in for the Ride, sending registration info in now.

Anyone care to split a double room at Best Western or Days Inn? (perhaps PM me to keep this thread on topic)

Boss: can you let us know how many are signed up for the Challenge and Ride? I just curious about the relative popularity...

Jeff,

Registration numbers are running 50/50 - as of today 14 riders have registered, 7 for TAR and 7 for TAC.

TAC registration is in the mail first thing tomorrow morning!

Richard, how late can we show up at the HQ on Thurs evening? I'm working on Thursday and probably can't leave Austin until around 4pm.

Thanks-
Chris

TAC registrations for me and MsBehavin in the mail tomorrow. We too have to work on Thu...will there be an early/late check-in Fri morning? We're happy to confirm Thu that we are in fact on the way.

Guys,

Connie will be running rider check-in on Thursday evening. As long as she is awake you can check in. So, let's say till about 10 pm. After that, you'll have to catch her in the morning. She will be available for Friday morning check-in prior to the riders meeting.

OK, Richard, here's a question I haven't seen. How are riders going to do group, or are they going to group at all? I'm thinking about doing this, but have no buddy at this point :tears: and I don't do the gps thing, so I'd like to hook up with somebody, or a group that I know. I'm guessing everybody will group up as always, just talkin' over beers the night before?

Hey, I can't edit... I meant how are riders going to group up or be grouped, or group at all? Shirley everybody won't be riding single.

Primo,

Riders will organize themselves into groups, just as we do at the other rallies. For those who don't have a group to ride in just ask around on Thursday night to find/organize a group. Finally, if there are riders still needing to find a group we will assist during the Friday morning riders meeting as we normally do.

If someone wants to ride by themselves, that will be okay too. Everyone is riding the same course both days and there will be 2 sweep riders so a lone rider should be covered. Still, it's always more fun and safer to ride with a group so that's what I recommend.

Just sent off registration and made my hotel reservations! Let's hope the weather cooperates!

:rider:

Richard - have you ever considered a tiddler or vintage route?

Richard - have you ever considered a tiddler or vintage route?

No, candidly, I haven't thought about it. It would be worth considering if enough small and vintage bikes are participating to warrant their own route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back