• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

K76's vs Tourance - Opinions Please

Reaction score
My GSA came with Tourance EXP's. Didn't much like them.
Now I've got about 10k on some Conti TrailAttacks, which have been OK, but I'd like something a bit more aggressive without going to the TKC's, because I'm still mostly on pavement.
I've narrowed it down to the Heidenau K76's or the regular Tourance so far.
Feel free to chime in.

Last edited:
Put me in the Metzler Tourance group. Their mileage is pretty good in my opinion and the way I ride like grandpa probably helps. 99% street use.

Tourance (old style) Front mileage:
29.6K (yeah, it was totally shot...)

Tourance (old style) Rear mileage:

Tourance EXP (new style) Front and Rear mileage:

I'll bet the Tourances are cheaper, and if something does go wrong you will have excellent dealer support. My Quota 1100 ES (600lbs) has a worn Tourance on the front with about 20K on it, according to maintenance records. I have a K60 on order right now [may go on the KLR or Quota] (for the last 1.5 weeks) and don't know when I will see it?? The Tourance is a known quantity.......;-)

Not to shoot Scott down, but he was on an 1150GS and he is easy on tires anyway. The numbers I've seen others get on the regular Tourance are a little lower. Not a lot, but lower.

Anyway, I chose the Anakee 2 instead of the Tourance for two reasons. While the tread pattern was similar, the gap between blocks was a little wider so I figured they'd be better offroad. The second is they are dual compound, harder in the center, softer on the sides. I've found they corner very nicely. And off road they were way better than the Conti Trail Attacks I had. In fact, they are much better at everything compared to the TA's. I got 9k out of the rears and almost 12k out of the fronts.

Not to shoot Scott down, but he was on an 1150GS and he is easy on tires anyway. The numbers I've seen others get on the regular Tourance are a little lower. Not a lot, but lower.

I have to attribute my mileage to the fact I'm not heavy wristed on accelerations, don't nail my brakes hard when stopping and gently remove chicken strips over time. The fact that I'm sort of on the light side probably also helps....

I wonder how much the traction control on my GS contributes to tire life?

Anyway, I usually get decent life out of tires. Some of those central TX ADVrider types get half the life out of a tire that I get. But they ride the bikes harder than I do. My only fully worn out Anakee 2 rear had too much super slab time on it. Very squared off because of my trip to Yellowstone. The other one has been leaned more often and I hope it will die with more of the rubber used on the sides.

I had originally ordered the Anakee 2's from Lone Star, but they didn't show up so I went with the Heart attacks. I like them on the road well enough, but even on maintained gravel they're pretty squirrely.

I found the difference off road amazing. I have had many small DS bikes with DOT knobbies and know what good traction is and while not as good as knobbies I was not expecting them to be as good as they were. Specially after the T Attacks.

I talked to Gravel Guy this morning and now he's got me thinking about Shinkos.:shrug:
Also the K60 Scouts. Those look good to me.
After the Attacks, almost anything would be a step up. I can't make up my mind.

I talked to Gravel Guy this morning and now he's got me thinking about Shinkos.:shrug:
Also the K60 Scouts. Those look good to me.
After the Attacks, almost anything would be a step up. I can't make up my mind.
John, forget the Shinko's for a big bike......my K60 should be here soon and I'll keep you updated.

Back