• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sidi Vortice, A-Stars Supertech R or Dainese Torque Pro out?

Reaction score
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Moreno Hernandez
Sidi Vortice, A-Stars Supertech R or Dainese Torque Pro out boots?

Which one of these is the best option?
Quality, protection and durability could be my main concerns.
(let's say the 3 of them fit my skinny feet and calves, I like how they look, and the most important thing: my wife approves it...)

Thank you all. Be safe.

Cesar

If you have big calf then you can go either with Sidi or Dainese
I tried both and I go with Dainese cz is more easy to in & out due zipper in rear
unlike many other boots the zipper on side ....
They both awesome boot offer lots of protection...

All good choices. For street or track or a little of both, though? The Vortice is quite protective and pretty comfortable. However it is much more complex to get in and out of. So for street use, or even trackdays where you'll want to strip down in between sessions, it is somewhat inconvenient. For race use, where you get dressed go race and come back to wait for your next race later in the afternoon, it doesn't seem to be a problem. But for in and out or for use for somewhat shorter trips, it's a lot. Still, all those straps that make it more complex in-and-out make it more custom fit when in it. Also consider the Sidi ST model. It's a little cheaper, still is fully braced both medial and lateral, and is a bit easier in and out. Seems to run a little bigger/wider, though, so try 'em.

The Dainese is outstanding in its protection and ease of use, It squeezes a bit at the back of the heel, so that's a good thing if you have somewhat narrow heels. Less so if you have wide heels. Finish is outstanding on them. Probably a little more narrow than wide in the toe, but not drastically so.

The Supertech R is my personal favorite of the group. I like the smooth finish on the medial side (inside of ankle) so that there isn't anything to catch on a heel guard. I also like the internal bootie setup. Very well braced. My foot just seems to fit better in it, but I have a little bit wider shape measured straight across the ball from side to side.

Thank you both for your comments and suggestions. I'll remember all that. Also, I don't know how "useful" it is, but I like all the replaceable parts on the Sidi.

We'll see, thanks again for your time.

Ride safe,

Cesar

Back