• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HJC Helmet repair DFW area?

vtwin

Reaction score
Anyone know of anyone who can repair helmets in the DFW area?
My wife has an HJC Symax II that has a problem with the chin bar locking mechanism. The helmet is fine other than that and is only a year old or so. I'd prefer not to have to ship it off.
I can't see what the problem is with it as I can't get the chin bar open.
Thanks!

Anyone know of anyone who can repair helmets in the DFW area?
My wife has an HJC Symax II that has a problem with the chin bar locking mechanism. The helmet is fine other than that and is only a year old or so. I'd prefer not to have to ship it off.
I can't see what the problem is with it as I can't get the chin bar open.
Thanks!

HJC will not repair the helmet anyway - as the II's were disco'd a while ago DAMHIK

I got a III now and it will be my last HJC as it's not well made at all

Update...

I found out that HJC has a 3 year warranty on their helmets.

I contacted MotorcycleGear.com where I bought it (used to be NewEnough.com) and they said that warranty work is handled through them.
They sent me a return authorization and a shipping label to return the helmet to them.
They then send it to HJC. If HJC can fix it they will. If not, they send a store credit for the original purchase purchase price.

Can't complain at that (as long as it all works right) :-P

Update...

I found out that HJC has a 3 year warranty on their helmets.

I contacted MotorcycleGear.com where I bought it (used to be NewEnough.com) and they said that warranty work is handled through them.
They sent me a return authorization and a shipping label to return the helmet to them.
They then send it to HJC. If HJC can fix it they will. If not, they send a store credit for the original purchase purchase price.

Can't complain at that (as long as it all works right) :-P
Once again, NE/MG.com comes through with great customer service :clap:

Back