• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Pants High quality-Low Cost

Reaction score
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
Windham
Want to find some High quality-Low Cost pants to wear.... not interested in the idea of paying 300-400--->$++$ for a pair from a place like Woods here in ATX.
rather get some on clearance or online or maybe 2nd hand?
any pointers of a place where i could regularly find good deals?
pants and maybe even Helmets too... may want to upgrade my helmet soon also.

Lone Star BMW/Triumph has sales occasionally with some good deal, especially on items that a new version has come out on. Other than that New Enough or Motorcycle Closeouts is where I have bought stuff online.

I have bought a lot from Cycle Gear over the past many years. Not a fan of the Bilt stuff. Bought some riding pants for my daughter about a year ago and the armor pocket in one knee is shot, the other is on its way out too.

CG has closeout sales, especially around the holidays and end of year. Better then for deals on brand name stuff.

Watch the closeouts and sale items at motorcyclegear.com

+1. Got several things from them when they were still called newenough.com. Very good to deal with.

Also watch http://motoliberty.com They are site sponsors here and tend to run some closeouts too.

And of course, Lone Star BMW/Triumph.

For around here, mesh with a thermal liner works from most seasons. When it is really cold you can were the liner and a pair of jeans. When it is hot, wear them as your only pants or over shorts.

thanks for all the input...
wasnt even aware of lone star triumph...
or the other place...
but i already got my eye on something from that motorcyclegear.com site, thanks to you guys!
$100 is much better than $3-400

Watch the closeouts and sale items at motorcyclegear.com

+1. Their everyday prices aren't necessarily any better than, say, MC Superstore. But they do have some good blow-out deals when they do close-outs. That's how I got my Tourmaster Flex 2 jacket, and I love it!

Keep a watch on ebay. Lot of riders deciding riding is not for them put their stuff out there. I got my first set of gear - helmet, Tourmaster jacket and pants for less than 300 including shipping.

Just can't be picky about the color.

Another +1 for MotorcycleGear.com. Their prices can be astounding, and their service is excellent.
They're located in Lubbock, so you do pay tax, but shipping is cheap and fast without having to pay extra.
I almost always get my stuff within 2 days, just paying regular shipping.

I would highly recommend NOT buying a used helmet. That's something that needs to fit just so, and you also never really know what it has been through.

Back