• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DRZ experts inside

P.S. you could take the stuff out of the one you have and put it all in the other one.

So let me summarize ...

Eric knows everything DRZ.
Doug owns everything DRZ.

BFF4ever

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Doug descended upon my shop today, laid hands upon the DRZ and it sprang to life.

It's a festivus miracle.

I forgot to see if I had one of those Rubber Doo Dads. I will look tomorrow and send a text, sir. I had fun, thanks for the chains, worked perfectly. I might can use my trailer now!

I couldn't wait around for the feats of strength or the tossing of the Festivus pole.

P.S. Mitch's bike had a 132.5 main jet in the stock carb. My old one had a 142.5 (stock size) and I included the Ti fuel screw as well. That thing was awesome. Ran well, nice scooter, I hope I don't buy it....

Runs even better once the vacuum port was blocked off.

:rofl:

Gas in the oil? Check.

I knew we missed something....find the "new" gas leak yet?

Not yet ... too cold to work and too much gas fume to run the heater. :eek2:

Cleaned up a bit last night and never found the pad.
$2 each from Rocky Mountain ... moving on ... be here Wednesday.

The head is full of gas again. :headbang:

Did you replace the float needle seat O ring? and or the needle and seat?

Of course not ... :giveup: :duck: :headbang:

I asked Doug if we should ... begged him to replace those components.
He said "Hold my beer and watch this!"

:rofl:

Good one Mitch. He does have a beautiful new one I talked him out of installing while we had it upside down there on the bench. Of course, he shouldn't have listened to me. And, it wasn't leaking when I left.

LOL ...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So the motor was hydrolocked with gas.

Pulled the plug and soaked everything in the general vicinity with fuel.

Decided to brave the icy conditions and retrieve a new spark plug from the local parts store.

Carb coming off and proper repairs will take place.

:-P

Should I put a small amount of oil in the cylinder and crank it over with no plug to mitigate washed cylinder walls?

Should I put a small amount of oil in the cylinder and crank it over with no plug to mitigate washed cylinder walls?

Yes and change the oil.... No lube at the crank/rod bearing is your biggest issue

Success!

And no hammer required!

Yes and change the oil.... No lube at the crank/rod bearing is your biggest issue

It was a fresh change with zero run time. I changed when I first discovered the cylinder head was flooded and had been for several days.

So after Doug left yesterday, I ran it for about 10 minutes to get a little heat in it and changed oil and the filter.

1/2 hour later, I saw it was dribbling fuel out the air box.
I hadn't even installed either drain plugs nor the oil line/screen.
There was no indication of gas in the oil drain pan.
First thing I checked.

Still change it? Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Last edited:
It was a fresh change with zero run time. I changed when I first discovered the cylinder head was flooded and had been for several days.

So after Doug left yesterday, I ran it for about 10 minutes to get a little heat in it and changed oil and the filter.

1/2 hour later, I saw it was dribbling fuel out the air box.
I hadn't even installed either drain plugs nor the oil line/screen.
There was no indication of gas in the oil drain pan.
First thing I checked.

Still change it? Better safe than sorry, I guess.

Smell the oil, if you smell gas, change it.

Back