• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I saw a video on YouTube with some fellas riding the trails in Bastrop, TX. I've also heard people making mention of them over the years. My friend and I are wanting to go, but can't find any information as to where exactly they are. Can anyone be of any assistance?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

The location has never been just out there but, has been shared by many. You have a PM.

Prior to finding it myself, I too had heard many stories, and no one would outright give up the location. They said they didn't want it to become over-run. I finally figured it out by recognizing landmarks on YouTube videos. Funny thing is- it already is "over-run", trash everywhere.

I always have given out the info when asked. I led over a hundred riders (easily more to be honest) on those trails.

I moved away 3 years ago, though.

It's always been trashed. Locals have known about and been idiots in those woods for 30+ years.

I hope that trying to keep it an "open secret" has kept responsible riders from being harassed.

My 2 cents.

^^^

The key is to keep it quiet enough that the local LEOs don't have a problem with the place. If they start dealing with complaints, guys start riding bikes without plates or they need to extract injured riders, 6 could be on the city council agenda... again. That little effort serious riders make to to find it is enough to keep it open and quiet. I've been out there when there when I felt there were to many guys to be safe and like it best when three or four riders that know the place are riding it. It's not a good idea to ride it alone. There have been a few bad crashes there in the past and it's a long crawl out. Bring a buddy or two, preferably ones that knows the place.

Last edited:
Back