• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shark helmet

arget

Reaction score
So I got on compacc.com's uber shark sale and grabbed me a RSF3 for $73 shipped. The reviews everywhere put it at about twice the helmet as my Scorpion Exo-400 and when I got it in and made sure it fit the same as my scorpion (which it does) I started using it and found it to be exactly what everyone said. Twice everything.

Only question I have is, I have scoured the internet and only found one website other than compacc that sells extra visors for my shark and its revzilla. Compacc was fine but they shipped the helmet 3 days after the order and didn't give me a tracking number when they did ship it which makes me antsie. (they've also not shipped a tire I ordered last saturday yet, and not sent me an email about why..)

Is revzilla a good site to buy from? Are there any other shark vendor's on the web (or in Dallas?) that would have a tinted face shield for me?

I've not had problems with revzilla in the past, but I do not use them very often. I prefer Moto Liberty or my local dealership. That said, 73 bucks is a good deal for a helmet, and i'd probably take a chance with most companies for that price.

Try sportbike track gear. They have excellent service and carry shark products.

I've had and used a Shark helmet since 2003. It's held up quite well. Even longer than most of my Shoeis. Probably has as much to do with it fitting my head shape as good as it does as to the quality of materials.

In case people are wondering why all the good deals on Sharks, it's because Shark and their US distributor have parted ways. I haven't heard about new plans for Shark in the US market, so it's a likely bet that there will be supply issues for shields/parts sooner rather than later. I hope they sort out a US distribution channel, but at this time they are in very short supply and likely to become even more so quickly. Doesn't make them any better or worse of a helmet. Just makes them harder to get without importing Euro-market stuff if you need things down the road.

I ordered 2 Shark Evoline II helmets from Revzilla and found there service, advice over the phone and shipping to be excellent. Got 2 Evolines for $500.00 just before Christmas. I would deal with them again in a heart beat.

Sad to hear that they parted ways as I declared after my first ride longer than 30 minutes that I am now "a Shark man."

I won't have to really worry for 5 years about that issue now though :zen:

...Thanks for the feedback on revzilla, I went ahead and ordered a face shield from them tonight.

In case people are wondering why all the good deals on Sharks, it's because Shark and their US distributor have parted ways. I haven't heard about new plans for Shark in the US market, so it's a likely bet that there will be supply issues for shields/parts sooner rather than later. I hope they sort out a US distribution channel, but at this time they are in very short supply and likely to become even more so quickly. Doesn't make them any better or worse of a helmet. Just makes them harder to get without importing Euro-market stuff if you need things down the road.

bummer, I love my Shark helmet. hopefully by the time I need a new lid, they'll have their issues sorted out

Oh Ohhh. I just bought an Evoline II Weylon and got it within 3 days from Helmet City. I suppose the distribution breakup is why I can't buy the blutooth module for it. I also hope shields are not an issue in the future.

I guess we could probably resort to buying shields from UK websites if it comes down to it?

Back