• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thanksgiving Gathering (Nov. 11 thru 13)

Some folks are asking what we plan to do about the "other" meals. My preliminary thoughts are:

We do traditional breakfast (eggs, bacon, sausage, etc). Or for a change, there is a restaurant here in our little town that does fair breakfast tacos. And a donut/kolache place.

For lunch, I'm figuring, each to their own. there are some nice restaurants in nearby towns that we could ride/drive to. We will be doing some rides on Saturday. Mr2much will be leading a pavement back roads route and I will try to put together something dirty. We could see where the routes lead us and catch a bite in route. Those that don't join in on the rides could ride/drive to someplace for lunch.

For the evening meals, we will have simple campfire type food. Easy to cook food such as hot dogs, sausage, etc. And lots of snacks.
Saint has a couple of Mexican dishes as well.

Thee Saint and I plan on a shopping trip to get turkey, sides, deserts as needed before hand for the big Sunday meal. As far as the other meals, I figure we will just inventory what folks may have brought and then make a run to the grocery store.

Bob I plan on bringing a variety of several sausage packs to cook over the camp fire. Buns and chips also for Saturday night dinner.

"Other Food". I will smoke a pork butt (is butt ok to say?) and bring meat and chicken fajitas. Maybe smoke a brisket. Anyway, will bring enough to feed a lot. And with our group, alcohol is considered a food group.

I'm wondering why a generator would be needed? If a 110 extension cord is available?
Ron volunteered his generator first and if you saw the "or" the cord would work. Whichever didn't matter to me since either one would work. Might be someone else needed power.

Thanks for the invite. I'm gonna try to make it one day. The whole weekend is extremely unlikely. I'll let you know as we get closer.

On the fence at this point in time,but dutch ovens are seasoned and ready to ride. :rider::eat:

Well I was hoping to try out my new tent, but I'm out. I'll be in Munich that weekend instead :mrgreen:

It was pointed out that I never posted an address or directions. My bad

WHERE:
. 557 Rivercrest Rd
. Valley Mills

DIRECTIONS

Off Hwy-6, about 1 mile southeast of the town of Valley Mills or about 21 miles northwest of Waco, turn east onto Rivercrest Rd.

From Valley Mills soon after seeing a painted concrete retaining wall and cresting the hill, turn left on Rivercrest. From Waco, soon after passing the high school on your left, you would turn right on Rivercrest. There is a brick marque at the entrance that says "Rivercrest Estates". At night there is an amber street light there but it is partially blocked by trees and hard to see if coming from Valley Mills.

Once on Rivercrest, go up the hill and veer left to stay on Rivercrest. After the road straightens we are on the left side. There is a fake windmill in the yard and the house (single story, salmon colored brick) is set back. The party area is on the right side of the house (look for Taco the big chicken)

If you are hauling a trailer: Please park on gravel. As you pull in, veer to the right on the loop and circle around. Swing wide the left as you turn inform to the house to avoid an encounter with a tree as you cut in. Watch the right side of your trailer unless you want to leave it here. If unsure, honk and get some some to guide you.

Bob,

We pushed dates on a project I'm working on and I will now be working this weekend. I might still be able to come down Sunday for the meal. Will inform of final plans soon.

TTR.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I've got no problem with folks running generators in an area with tent campers. Just put it in your trailer so you too can enjoy the soothing sounds all night long.

I've got no problem with folks running generators in an area with tent campers. Just put it in your trailer so you too can enjoy the soothing sounds all night long.

Rofl ..........lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob, count me out. I wouldn't want to upset the tenters in case one of us with trailers needed to use a generator. Have fun and maybe I can catch the next one at a campground with hookups.

Ok it's official. We are almost ready to commit. I just have to find somebody that likes me enough to take my on-call that weekend.

Greeneyes and I are looking at bringing the brats and the mothership down on Friday Veterans day and pulling out on Sunday unless the tenters run us off first.

Of course, Greeneyes will cook or bring anything you tell us to and I will supervise.

Can't wait to celebrate with my adopted family again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob, count me out. I wouldn't want to upset the tenters in case one of us with trailers needed to use a generator. Have fun and maybe I can catch the next one at a campground with hookups.

C'mon rockman. They will never hear your generator over ours. [emoji41]

C'mon rockman. They will never hear your generator over ours. [emoji41]

[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok folks, let's talk electricity

We have two plugs in the party area, multiple outside plugs at the house and a plug on the lamppost - so bring heavy duty extension cords and we should be Ok to run fans, lights, charge phones, and even c-pats.

We will not have enough amps to run A/Cs or electric heaters. I doubt very much that you will need A/C so if you bring propane heat or extra blankets, you will be fine. Besides, if you consume enough adult beverages, you will be fortified with sufficient antifreeze.

If you do bring a generator, I think it is reasonable to ask that they not be run after 8pm so as not to interfer with campfire conversations and eventual sleeping.

For tenters and trailers alike, if the weather gets bad - there is the living room floor and there are three couches yet unclaimed. If you still want the "outside" experience, you could always "camp" on the covered porch.

Bob, We have a full plan for that weekend regarding my work activities. I should know mid day Saturday if I can make it down Sunday. I hope to make it in time for the meal...and then turn back north on Monday.

TTR

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Count me in for sat (real late show google maps says 2 hrs 7mins from work) and Sunday camping. I work Saturday in Lewisville till 5pm.

Last edited:
Back