• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Any NOS Teneres out there?

Drive off depreciation of a new bike is extreme whereas a car or truck is just bad.

Wow, guess I dodged a bullet. Couple years ago I thought about getting a Triumph, sounds like a good thing I didn't.

Your triumph nightmare sounds like mine. I had a gen1 sprint that would go about 1.5 tanks between repairs. Oil puking was a thing, as well as electric issues. There was also that time that my shifter rod broke and I was able to make it home +- 100 miles in fourth gear, only to wait four months for a replacement to be shipped from Europe.
My vstrom had some issues, but they were all widely known with cheap fixes. My fjr just works.

If you decide you can take one with a few miles, I have a 2012 Tenere, 25k miles, kitted out for ADV (crash bars, plate, panniers, topcase, and 2 sets of tires for sale in the for sale section here on TWT. Only dropped twice, (tip overs on switchbacks) by me, on Engineer Pass last July. Shoot me a PM if interested.

I'll just go ahead and add that a Tenere is the only bike that's come along to tempt me to "upgrade" from my old 1150gsa.

I'll most likely just end up parking one next to it at some point. She's been so good to me I can't stand to get rid of her.

Back