• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

M38A1 / 2016 Pic-A-Day

10/16/2016
Half-marathon in Aggieland this morning where the athletes finished through the tunnel and into Kyle Stadium. I got the tunnel location. :photo:
i-9CpsfPm-XL.jpg

10/17/2016
New Mexico Martini's with Rusty this evening... Tried a graduated background. Yeah, the vessel is off center but hey - I've been drinking.
i-JgBw83s-XL.jpg

10/18/2016
Straight out of the camera... Sunset - Hill Country style
i-Q23WgQH-XL.jpg

Last edited:
10/21/2016
Just not feeling the love for taking a good shot tonight. So you'll have to put up with a Friday night dinner shot.
i-ZLGFxZH-XL.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, I had pizza last night too. With beer though. You are a higher classed guy, I guess.

10/21/2016
Just not feeling the love for taking a good shot tonight. So you'll have to put up with a Friday night dinner shot.
i-ZLGFxZH-XL.jpg

Worth a thousand words... ;-)

Some nights are just booze and pizza nights!

Worth a thousand words... ;-)

Some nights are just booze and pizza nights!

Tonight it was booze and burgers. Then out into the dark with the camera gear. I've got to quit this drink&click thing. Ever try to work a really difficult lighting solution with a good buzz? :photo:

10/22/2016
That moment when you just happen to have your gear setup pretty close to what you want for someone else and you see this happen out of the corner of your eye. :deal:
i-DzSjWd3-XL.jpg

10/23/2016
Love me some TopNotch...
i-SQ2gNdL-XL.jpg

The Top of your burger bun is blocking the date. I grew up just blocks from Top Notch. Think it opened in the early 70's. It was always very good. Do they still car hop? I also liked and sill do Dirty Martins.
Thanks for the memories Mr. Scott.

The Top of your burger bun is blocking the date. I grew up just blocks from Top Notch. Think it opened in the early 70's. It was always very good. Do they still car hop? I also liked and sill do Dirty Martins.
Thanks for the memories Mr. Scott.

The cup in my sink says "Since 1971", and yes - they still car hop. They also have a robust Saturday night car show schedule, "movie night" and one of the best burgers in town. (they still cook them over Kingsford charcoal) Holiday House was my favorite but they are gone now. Dirty Martins is a top three for me as well.

The phone in picture taken 10/24 between beers looks like its dancing. The latter one on 10/25 maybe past dancing. :thumb:

your poor new phone.. it is going to die early form having fallen over and go "smack" on the table so many times to capture this balance shot! :)

10/26/2016
Chinese. Eat in or call for Take Out?
i-sRrsr4J-XL.jpg

Does the shadow of the Apple cast by the light match the one of the plate in direction and proportionately? Shadows being abstract, and only an absence of light to some degree. An Apple a day is good, thanks for all the great pictures, the phone ones are real interesting.
In physics it is called the inverse-square law :)

Last edited:
There's actually two light sources. One from above and one from the front. The only inverse square law I know of applies to light and source/fall-off...

And thanks. It's a fun series to play with.

There's actually two light sources. One from above and one from the front. The only inverse square law I know of applies to light and source/fall-off...

And thanks. It's a fun series to play with.

You know i started to ask if there were two. Still have no ideal how you do it. It is computer pasted?::shrug

Back