• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Promotive.com

Reaction score
First Name
JD
Last Name
Evans
Promotive.com is a website that host numerous vendors who cater to those who partake in the great outdoors. I have a membership via my affiliation with the military, and receive a generous discount on items I use both professionally and recreationally. Motorcycling and Camping covers the interest of many TWTEX members and especially the ADV crowd.

I encourage you to take a look at the website, www.promotive.com, and then leave feedback if we as a group think it's worth the effort to get recognized as a "team" on the website. Teams are usually affiliated with military, LEO, EMS, Forestry, Outdoor retailers, conservation groups, etc.; but Promotive does like subject matter experts, and we could bring a WHOLE bunch of Motosport/Motorcycle experience to the fold.

Ogio, Motofist, ONeal MX, One Industries, Acerbis, Smith Optics, BlackHawk, Kershaw, and Luminox are just a few of the vendors that could be available. I do not have the particulars of what it would take to form a "team" and allow our members to join, but I imagine we have to demonstrate large numbers. I would think we can demonstrate economic prowess, since riding motorcycles is not an inexpensive passion.

At a minimum, it's a good website for our members who already would qualify.

I have a Promotive account, but have never bought anything from them. I've found that their deals are really hit or miss. I was recently looking for a case for my new iPhone. The Promotive discount on Lifeproof cases was actually more than a special they were running on Lifeproof's website. Their Kershaw knives are all over the map. Some are really good deals, while others can be had for less at Academy.

I'm not saying it's a bad website or a bad idea you have, just that folks should do some research before purchasing rather than just assume the Promotive price is a great deal.

I've made multiple purchases on promotive. Big Agnes stuff, klim stuff, Merrell shoes, ortlieb bags and kelty to name a few. I always do some comparison shopping and for the things I have ordered through them their prices were always better. Govx.com is another good one.

Both sites are actually quite harmful to you bank account. You'll find things you didn't even realize you needed.

The key is to not be in a hurry and take time to compare prices. I will check out the Govx website. I've done well on the discount sites by keeping a running list of equipment I need/want and the holding out for when they announce their "flash sales". It's usually how I replace items I see are starting to wear out, but can wait until I see a phenomenal deal.

Back