• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hidden falls enduro help needed

Reaction score
Hey all. On February 21st. (Sunday) the Texas championship enduro series will hold an event at hidden falls offroad park right out side of marble falls Mark Miller a close personal friend called the other day looking for volunteers to help run the event. He has all the check captains for the race but need people to support them. Tasks would involve documenting the rider numbers and times as individuals ride through the check. Marking fender cards and help flag the riders through the check points. Working start sections by lining up riders and sending the. Out on courts on their scheduled times. It would be a full day out on the trail close to the action. It's actually pretty fun and gets busy really fast with riders coming in to the checks If you think you'd like to check it out and help run the event. It would be greatly appreciate http://www.tscec.org For more info check out the website. Call Mark directly (512) 538-5915 to discuss Ps. You don't need to have any racing or off-road experience to help out. If you like two wheels ... You'll have a great time Free entry into the venue. Please bring a lunch and plenty of drinks to keep you hydrated. Thanks in advance Kenaroo

Last edited:
Sounds like a perfect followup to a Phish Phry!
Count me IN!
Phonecon made to Lance & looking forward to it!

Edit: 0910, 13Feb - called and left msg for Mark, too.

Last edited:
Really fun to do. I worked one for several years before racing them. I was in a club that put on an even every year. Laying them out and working the trail is fun. I raced the hidden falls one the first year it was on the circuit. It was a great fun.

If it's the one they put on last time Cole Kirkpatrick did an enduro 101. Not really a riding clinc, but more a long the rules of enduro and how it functions. If you are racing and not gone to one I'd suggest it. Cole is a great rider! He grew up in the area of the club I was in and was a member as well. Super nice guy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sounds like a perfect followup to a Phish Phry! Count me IN! Phonecon made to Lance & looking forward to it! Edit: 0910, 13Feb - called and left msg for Mark, too.

Thanks for the help
I know mark is real busy marking the course and getting stuff lined up. If he doesn't return your call pm me and we'll hook up.

Thanks for the help
I know mark is real busy marking the course and getting stuff lined up. If he doesn't return your call pm me and we'll hook up.

No hurry, it's a whole week away so plenty of time! :lol2:

Agenda:
- To Ghost Rancho Thursday, bike on trailer, tent & stuff to camp, chainsaw and hand tools to hack trails Friday, plenty of boolits to chill out after hacking. MiFi = online at El Rancho.
- To the Fish Fry on Saturday morning, on bike.
- To Marble Falls Saturday evening.
- Ready to do whatever on Sunday.
- Back to Ghost Rancho Sunday evening (or Monday morning) to load bike on trailer and head home.

Garfey I have to be in San Antonio Sunday for training. We could do this:chug:

Didn't see this post until NOW, been B U S Y!

I'm IN, and heard back from Mark, and it's a GO, and I'm bringing everything needed to run a CP (though I'm just a helper-bee), plus beaucoup cold, refreshing drinks (non-A until after the racing's done, of course!) and munchies.

Long email in progress, almost ready to send, re trail clearing tomorrow. Will be there by daybreak, ready to make coffee and with a bag of Stripes Brekky Burr'os.

How you gonna be in Marble Falls if you're in SA? :shrug:

I will be there to help. Good place to camp at my house!!! Will also have a class on Saturday at the park.

I will be there to help. Good place to camp at my house!!! Will also have a class on Saturday at the park.

OK, who's bringing the Barcalounger????? :rofl:

Minor change of plans, having too much fun piddling with bikes on this absolutely PERFECT day so ain't heading for Ghost Rancho until abt 0400, to arrive in time to hit Stripes for Bkfst Burr'os and to make coffee for The Big Guy, then Chainsaws! :eek2: and hauling brush to the burn pile, then, when we're burnt out, Pew, Pew, Pew! Prob'ly gonna have to make a run to that Most Excellent LGS for MORE BOOLITS!!

A friend just outta Austin saw my plans and invited me over to see his refurb job on his old house and said he's breaking out the steaks. NO tent needed, either Friday or Saturday evening! Free Food is GOOD!

Then to the Fish Fry Saturday, then back to NW Austin for more free food, then to M. Falls Sunday morning to arrive abt daybreak, ready to make coffee again (see a pattern here? :trust: - Inverter, not the generator, though I'll have it on the trailer, + plenty of gas ($1.289 in Nac, btw)) and, if needed, set up the gazeboo for CP shade, and refreshments, and whatever. Yes, I'll be in the Adventure Crown Vicky (TWTex FM, of course, and over 30Kmi in 17mo :lol2:) so can haul most anything.

Pic're CP-1 at the BJ500 last year, just West of La Rumorosa/Rumarosa (both spellings on MX maps). I had the ONLY shade in the area (plus 4 ice chests full of drinks and food) and was immediately co-opted and pressed into service, then Mike/Mark or Mark/Mike (answers to either, " ... and did I mention that John Wayne was a USC grad?" "No, Mike/Mark, not more than abt 37 times in the past 20 minutes." M/M works in the Alumni Office and had been SCORE-ing for, like, 6yrs, or 10yrs, or a long time) had to pay a visit to the "facility" at the Pemex abt 5mi East so I became the CP-1 Dood. It wuz fun, though all the bikes but one (1X, or 5X, whichever one didn't WIN) and they'd had a problem early on the stage (clutch, IIRC) had already gone thru the "wrong" CP (but were scored by the traffic-directing guys who were setting up, at the wrong intersection) the SCORE Team got to the "real" CP.

BIG crowd uproar for the TT's! Yes, I have pics.

And it's almost dark and time to feed GusdoG and me some fried chicken 'n' stuff, then more piddling on this gorgeous evening!

Anyhoo, see y'all Sunday morning, early. :rider:

You guys are awesome! It takes a lot of work as most of you know. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

See you guys there.. I'm riding up on the tenere.

So flag me down to say high

Ken

You guys are awesome! It takes a lot of work as most of you know. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

See you guys there.. I'm riding up on the tenere.

So flag me down to say high

Ken
This, but only two bikes, and red top 1st-Up gazebo/canopy.
Edit: Bikes are on top of the ramp, MUCH better fuel mileage that way!

Attachments

• DSC01331.JPG
    DSC01331.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
I just spoke with Mark and will be volunteering on Sunday. I am going to camp Sat night at Hidden Falls. Anyone camping? They have free primative camping for volonteers.

I just spoke with Mark and will be volunteering on Sunday. I am going to camp Sat night at Hidden Falls. Anyone camping? They have free primative camping for volonteers.

Camping out there would be a blast! I missed out of the fish fry camping. I just called Mark but he wasn't available, I wonder if they still need volunteers?

I just talked to Lance and he said they still had room for more volunteers. I asked him about camping tonight and he said that wasn't a problem. I'm about to head out there from south Austin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back