• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Riding trails 12/10.

Reaction score
It looks like there is a small group getting together to do some single track riding in the Austin area this weekend. Rusty's on Sat morning is being talked about. From what I understand, there was a message left with him asking about riding this weekend so I'll post as soon as I hear something if anyone wants to jump in.

If all else fails, Hidden Falls.

Victor

hmmmm, I have been trying to get my buddies to get out to HF, but I wouldnt mind Rustys. It should be pretty **** muddy out at Rustys though huh?

Sam Houston is closed. I need a place to ride this Sat. Where do I find more info about Rusty's place?

Not much info out there anymore (it used to be a part of the AMSA leases)

Good spot, not too big, (nothing like SH) seems like I remember hearing its around 385 acres?

I havent ridden there in a long time, but some tight stuff, some open stuff...alot of 'low' areas that can get muddy and technical. Fun because you can run laps out there...not like HF where you may only run like 2-3 "laps" in an afternoon.

right? again...havent been there in a while. Usually you have to contact Rusty in advance so he knows you are coming. (which it sounds like edfmaniac has done)

I didn't call him this time but the guy that I rode with last time talked to him. He won't let us ride if it's too muddy so it must be ok. They probably got 1 1/2 to 2" during that last storm but nothing since. I'm thinking it will be perfect.

Here's a vid of the last race out there but most of the open field stuff in the beginning is usually in a pasture that is fenced off from the normal riding area. It's still a great property and there's plenty of stuff to challenge you if you are looking for that type of thing. No rocks, mixed dirt, sand and clay. Lot's of tight stuff. The property has made race of the year at least once in the TORCS series and AMSA has been working with Rusty for the last 20 years. No facilities, respect the livestock if they are around and don't forget, it's $20 a head. The gate that we are supposed to use is on 20, between a quarter and a half a mile south of the road that his arena is on, Pleasant Chapel Rd or CR 231. It's the first gate north of the creek bridge on the west side of the road and opens into a large pecan bottom. Hope to see y'all there.

Click on the map in this link and then follow the directions in the above paragraph once you get near his place. http://www.rustyswalnutcreekranch.net/contact.html

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJSrySOkl4M"]TORCS @ RUSTY'S WALNUT CREEK - YouTube[/ame]

Haven't decided. Still hoping for SHNF to open, much closer to me than Rustys. I'm very slow rider, just started to ride dirt. If I go, where do I pay? Is there a money box somewhere?

I love SHNF....we were supposed to go there this weekend but its like a 3.5 hour drive for us, so we cant plan on going unless its for sure open.

Rustys is fun. Glad to hear they didnt get much rain. My group is wanting HF on sunday, so I doubt I will make it on sat. But i would like to meetup at Rustys someday.

Haven't decided. Still hoping for SHNF to open, much closer to me than Rustys. I'm very slow rider, just started to ride dirt. If I go, where do I pay? Is there a money box somewhere?

Don't worry about your speed. Just come and have a good time. Rusty generally comes by to say howdy to everyone, as you are only supposed to ride after talking to him or confirming that he is having riders out on that day, so you can pay him then. If he misses you, there is an honor box around the corner. Someone can show you where it's at.

Victor

I used to worry about riding with random people, because I was worried about being really slow.

Then I got faster, and started getting hurt.....now I am slow because I gotta be! :rider:

What start and stop time?

It looks like someone will be there as early as 9. I plan on making it more like 10 and I usually pack up around 2 or 3. But if you need some extra time to get here, I can push my schedule back and stay a little while longer. The audio on my phone doesn't work out in that area but I'll leave my number just in case you need to leave a message.

Victor
512-552-6417

Rusty's is in good shape if anyone wants to ride there tomorrow. Just make sure you give him a call first.

Sorry, couldn't make it today. The drive is just too much too soon for me. Been doing alot of traveling lately. On the bright side, I took the day off and bought a new bike. KDX200. It's a wheelie monster compared to my old bike.

Sorry, couldn't make it today. The drive is just too much too soon for me. Been doing alot of traveling lately. On the bright side, I took the day off and bought a new bike. KDX200. It's a wheelie monster compared to my old bike.

Nice. Those are supposed to be really good trail bikes. I would have picked up it's bigger brother had I come across one at the right time. Ended up with an '03 KX250 and had to do some things to make it woods worthy.

Back