• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AMSA Family Ride weekend of 2/5 @ Rusty's Walnut Creek Ranch

Anybody want to get together to haul bikes up from Houston? I could carry one or maybe 2 additional motorcycles in my truck (if you don't care about them rubbing up on each other). I could also haul a trailer, it just can't be mine, cause I don't got one :oops:.

I should be able to swing a full day - get there fairly early, eat a packed lunch, and don't come back until 5:00 or so.. We don't have to ride the whole time, but might as well make a full day if we have to drive 2 hours, right?

Knobbly, texasnh, anybody else? These rides aren't much further than the forest from the southwest side of Houston. Knobbly, I still owe you some gas money from last time when I didn't bring my wallet!

Last edited:
Just got home from marking the trails. They got some serious rainfall in the area but we found plenty of trail that will be perfect by next weekend. There won't be as many steep creek crossings but still lots of options to satisfy those looking for harder lines. Hopefully I can make it.

Victor

Nobody else from Houston area wants to go? Trying to finalize my weekend plans...

Just got home from marking the trails. They got some serious rainfall in the area but we found plenty of trail that will be perfect by next weekend. There won't be as many steep creek crossings but still lots of options to satisfy those looking for harder lines. Hopefully I can make it.

Victor

Thanks for all your efforts to mark the trails.

I'm watching the weather and would like to make it if it stops raining and has a few days to dry out.

I don't know. There's going to be showers and thunderstorm in Bastrop thursday and friday night. Probably no go for me.

We got a little the other night but that shouldn't keep us from running on Sunday. The threat of rain on Th/Fr isn't strong enough to worry me yet but it's something to keep an eye on for sure. I will keep y'all up to date on the rain out if one is called.

Victor

Alright- leaning toward this ride. Does anybody know a place between Houston and San Antonio that rents bikes? Or does anybody have a spare they would loan out for a few bucks? My brother wants to meet me there, but he is currently dirtbike deprived (and having a little trouble deciding what size/type he wants).

Offer still up to haul from Houston.

Any membership required for this? Any fees at the gate? Went to Rusty's website but it only has info for horses.

_

$20 for non-members and $10 for AMSA members. Rusty has been hosting these rides for about 20 years but doesn't promote them or advertise. Bring a helmet of course.;-)

I don't know what this weekend holds, but this sounds great. If I can't make it this weekend, I would love to go in the future.:rider:

Back