• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

IRS and PayPal fraud

Yes they do. I got a letter from them demanding a $12 penalty because I owed too much tax at the end of the year. I guess I was just a little over the limit. I got it on July 5th and it was due by July 15th!

Tax preparation software usually calculates the penalty for having too much tax paid at filing time and adds it to the overall calculation. Just FYI.

Stupid me got scammed again. Click too fast and you pay. Mine was in registering the truck. There is a private party that looks close enough to the real DMV that they snagged me and I pay an extra $17 for nothing and it is automatically renewed each year. I don't mind much losing the $17 but I HAVE NEVER AUTHORIZED A SINGLE AUTOMATIC PAYMENT. Now I can't even find the fine print in the agreement as it was online.

Senior momement cause I knew this existed. When two came up from google I passed by stateregistration.org and click on the DMV.org. Well, they own both. Even more clever was how they showed on the DMV how it compares to private and had a check box under the state that doesn't do state, it uses them.

I can't believe I have gotten this stupid and now await even more stupid decisions.

:giveup::(

My workplace claimed to have contracted with a security company to have scam email sent to all employees as a test.
The results:
Over 20% employee clicked on the fake link.
10% actually supplied their personal information to the fake website.

These 10 and 20% are smart engineers and IT professionals with college degrees working with computers on daily basis, and are suppose to be smart enough to indentify fraud emails.

So, don't feel bad if you fall for the scam every now and then.

Last edited:
Stupid me got scammed again. Click too fast and you pay. Mine was in registering the truck. There is a private party that looks close enough to the real DMV that they snagged me and I pay an extra $17 for nothing and it is automatically renewed each year. I don't mind much losing the $17 but I HAVE NEVER AUTHORIZED A SINGLE AUTOMATIC PAYMENT. Now I can't even find the fine print in the agreement as it was online.

Senior momement cause I knew this existed. When two came up from google I passed by stateregistration.org and click on the DMV.org. Well, they own both. Even more clever was how they showed on the DMV how it compares to private and had a check box under the state that doesn't do state, it uses them.

I can't believe I have gotten this stupid and now await even more stupid decisions.

Luckily, I'm too cheap to pay the online convenience fees, even on the official Texas website, and send mine via snail mail.

I had a bad virus once and bought some software that was supposed to fix it. The annual fee seemed a bit high. Later, I discovered that was their 6-month fee. :eek2: Cancel, cancel, cancel.

Last edited:
In my experience, the IRS mails you a letter if they want to threaten to ruin you financially. In my case, somebody filed a fake tax return with at least one SSN from my household.

Yep same thing happened on our 2014 return and still trying to work that out with them. They are the biggest male appendages I have ever dealt with.

While on vac. last week, I got a text stating my debit card was used for wal mart online and Chase declined the $1000 purchase. Unk. how they got my number. We need to at least chop some fingers off these thieves so they can't use a keyboard.

Plates came, they have agreed to not automatically renew next year, and they handled needing new plates - all for $20. To be fair they did a good job, didn't charge much, and seem honestly trying to provide a service and not a scam.

Got 4 of the "IRS is suing you" calls last week. Each number had a different area code - Georgia, Virginia, and 2 from California. Don't know if it's the same people spoofing their number or 4 different groups. Got a call blocker unit and hoping it doesn't run out of space.

Got 4 of the "IRS is suing you" calls last week. Each number had a different area code - Georgia, Virginia, and 2 from California. Don't know if it's the same people spoofing their number or 4 different groups. Got a call blocker unit and hoping it doesn't run out of space.
can i have all of your motorcycles before they(IRS)takes you away? cause you are in deep kimchi. My sister -in-law got one about a month ago,and **** she's still here.

can i have all of your motorcycles before they(IRS)takes you away? cause you are in deep kimchi. My sister -in-law got one about a month ago,and **** she's still here.

You got dibs. :lol2:

Google voice (free signup) will play the SIT (number disconnected tones) for any calls you block. Because most of these are computer generated calls, and the scammers don't want to waste their time on dead numbers, the computer listens for the SIT tone and immediately deletes your number from the database when it hears it. Even if you don't use Google Voice, adding this as the beginning of your voice mail message followed by you regular message also works. Details here: http://yourhomenow.com/sit.html

Malware is a whole other story. Best counter measures are 1) don't use Windows, 2) don't use Flash, 3) don't use Java, 5) don't login as administrator 4) make sure everything is patched current with updates. Most malware infections (90+%) are due to unpatched systems and logging into your windows computer at the "administrator" account.

Nowadays, pretty much all malware infections end up with some variant of Cryptolocker that encrypts all your files and asks you to pay a ransom to get them decrypted.

You are too generous, a call no message = block the number. I have no time for someone calling my number & not leaving a message, it's just rude!

It is not rude not to leave a message. I have no time to listen to all the messages, so never check them. Hardly ever leave messages, either. I call, you don't answer, you have my number. You can call back if you wish. You call, I have your number, and I can call back if I wish. Block caller id., I won't call back. No messages necessary.

i don't talk machine,i don't listen to machine, wife either. but that's just me.

I don't talk to machines either, but not listening to my wife, well, that strategy has it shortcomings. :-)

Long story about the IRS, but they are big male appendages to deal with.

Appox 1993, I owed them about $1800. They had bben sending notices to my old California address. I find out when my current employer in Houston tells me they got a garnishment letter to withhold 85% of my check until the balance is paid. I call to set something up. For one it took forever, half a day to even get someone on the line. Long story short, she claimed to have no supervisor and her exact words were, "...honey, you ain't gettin' no check..." I finally got in touch with someone in Dallas with a bit more common sense, who was more than professional and actually cared. Set up some reasonable payments and it was all done and over with in less than 6 months.

Roll the clock forward to 2012. Again I was in trouble with the IRS. Admittedly all my own fault bc I had not done my taxes for about 8 years, long story, it wasn't much, just $2300. So I get an accountant to get me straight blah, blah, blah. You and I can only go back 3 years, the IRS can go back 5 years. Going back my 3 years I owed them $2300, go back 5 years and they owed me over $5k!. They would not budge one single inch. They stuck me for the $2300 plus another $1000 in penalties and interest. I had no beef with the $2300, my own fault. But they had it within their power to wave the penalties and wouldn't. My accounted pleaded with them basing the situation on how if they went back the 5 years that they could, they owed me. Nope not one single penny would they budge.

Ever since then, I've made it my personal mission to do anything and everything within legal means to pay as little or no taxes as possible.

Long story about the IRS, but they are big male appendages to deal with.

Appox 1993, I owed them about $1800. They had bben sending notices to my old California address. I find out when my current employer in Houston tells me they got a garnishment letter to withhold 85% of my check until the balance is paid. I call to set something up. For one it took forever, half a day to even get someone on the line. Long story short, she claimed to have no supervisor and her exact words were, "...honey, you ain't gettin' no check..." I finally got in touch with someone in Dallas with a bit more common sense, who was more than professional and actually cared. Set up some reasonable payments and it was all done and over with in less than 6 months.

Roll the clock forward to 2012. Again I was in trouble with the IRS. Admittedly all my own fault bc I had not done my taxes for about 8 years, long story, it wasn't much, just $2300. So I get an accountant to get me straight blah, blah, blah. You and I can only go back 3 years, the IRS can go back 5 years. Going back my 3 years I owed them $2300, go back 5 years and they owed me over $5k!. They would not budge one single inch. They stuck me for the $2300 plus another $1000 in penalties and interest. I had no beef with the $2300, my own fault. But they had it within their power to wave the penalties and wouldn't. My accounted pleaded with them basing the situation on how if they went back the 5 years that they could, they owed me. Nope not one single penny would they budge.

Ever since then, I've made it my personal mission to do anything and everything within legal means to pay as little or no taxes as possible.
income taxes aren't even legal... the govt was designed to run on tariffs not personal taxes. a little like "taxation without representation"...there's a war in there somewhere.

income taxes aren't even legal... the govt was designed to run on tariffs not personal taxes. a little like "taxation without representation"...there's a war in there somewhere.

I've heard of others who have tried using that argument and it not working out well on their end. Kinda hard to convince a federal judge who's paid with your tax dollars.

Yep, the IRS are a bunch of d bags. Let's not forget about good ole' Lois...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back