• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Breakfast meet and greet and eat

I’m still planning to put a dent in the breakfast buffet, but not if I have to wear a rain suit to get there. I don’t mind riding Home in the rain, but it’s hard to leave a dry garage to start out the day in it. Still no plans to camp.

Drew, it's raining hard now and has been for two hours. It's going make the creek rise and
the path from my shed to my dirt road treacherous. The street tires on the Bandit are very slippery in mud. It's the only bike I have that's ready to go. Who knew that it could rain like this after months of nothing? But I know how dangerous my clay soil is. Sorry, I have to back out.

Last edited:
I'm out.

Too much much needed rain between here and there.

Is rain a cold front?

Man-oh-man.... I blew my chance to boast that I had once camped in Central Texas in the middle of August. Just a week or two ago all time records for daily highs were set around Waco. You picked a good weekend for this one, Drew.

Radar showing some light, scattered green coming from DFW. Bet if I throw the rain gear on while still sitting in my garage that I won't see much of anything.

Drew,

When you changed from August lunch to breaky, it rains.

Good job and thanks!

But thats ok.....it'll prob be rainin more by noon....judgin by whats comin from down south. Breakfast is gooood

We're gonna see if we can sneek around th showers on the way to Johnnies

Now after eatin....well....we'll see

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I woke to heavy rain here in Austin so I chose to roll back over and go to sleep.

Back home at 11:30.... !
Yeah...I rode a bit after breakfast.
Stuck it out in wet Hwy6 traffic till Valley Mills...then Drew n I took a bit of a detour down Cap Fisk & E Middle Bosque to 317
....enuff...well no.... Old McGregor Crawford Rd into McGregor ..then Spring Valley FM2416 & Blue Cut Rd bac to 317 near Moody...where I left Drew & hedded north via Joy Lynn...FM2113 & Horne Hill Rd to 2416 ..Church Rd ..etc

I had shed the rainsuit by MCGregor...whew....
It started ta sprinkle again at the Corner Store on 84 & FM2837...but only a sprinkle

Wonderful weather in August... Hope everyone else made it home ok..

It was drier on the way home than it was getting there.
Out of the sprinkles for good by Womack, roads pretty much dry by Kopperl.

Good to see those who made it. A little damp, but temps in the low 70's in the middle of August!:clap: Thanks K~P for putting these together.

Did anyone get a picture of Rod's Guzzi? Sharp!

UMA GUZZI
....courtesy of the Floyd
7f1a233e2c6187aab72fd68021e4a8e6.jpg

Obviously....not from today...not even from Texas

Last edited:
I thought about putting my rain gear on, honestly it felt so good with a little rain and a mesh jacket I left it alone haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to all who braved the scorching 75 degree temps and rain to hang out for bacon,ham,CFS,and pork chops. The rain was a blessing and made the temps very comfortable. We had eight hungry riders that showed all on motorcycles which was great. Nice visiting with all of you and catching up a little. I made it almost all the way to breakfast till about 12 miles out before the rain hit me.

Rod took me on three little goat paths on my scenic route home. Thanks for the after ride. We stopped when the rain stopped and took off our rain jackets because of the humidity. The rain was off and on all the way home but like BigKev I left mine off and enjoyed the cool all the rest of the way back.

I took a few pics that I will try to figure out how to post. I had over 200 miles Sunday. Again thank you for hanging out at the buffet with me.

Back