• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi all from Crowley!

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Platts
Hi everyone - just checking in, this seemed like the place to do it. I'm Matt from Crowley, a riding buddy of mine just made me aware of this site, so I thought I'd check it out. I'm pretty active on zx14.com (too active sometimes?), so the online thing isn't new, but the idea of talking with locals sounds better than the long-distance stuff of that more "worldwide" forum.

I've been riding for about 6 years now, probably around 45,000 miles by now. I enjoy a "brisk" paced ride, and love many of the popular roads Southwest of Fort Worth that I'm sure most of you in the DFW area are familiar with. I also get up to AR a few times per year, and try to hit the Hill Country once or twice a year too. AR is my favorite, as there is an endless supply of curvy, well-maintained roads with sweepers that are perfect for the big 'ol 14.

My first bike was a 2001 ZRX1200R for a couple of years (black/blue), then went to a ZZ-R1200 (silver) for 4 years before picking up my red ZX-14 in April of last year. I've got over 10,000 miles on this new best and I've loved every minute of it.

The best ride to date has been a trip with my riding "group" last September to the Dragon. We had a great ride out to NC and back, enjoying lots of roads in TX, OK, AR, TN, NC, back through TN, into KY, then home through AR, OK, and TX again. We hit the "Arkansas Gap" on our way through NE Arkansas, and I must say that I enjoyed that a LOT more than the actual Dragon. The Dragon was way too tight and blind to really have fun on unless you were a local regular. Nevermind the fact that the Dragon was wet the 2 times we rode it... bad timing!

Anyway, I generally ride with our little "group" every 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month. We are mostly members of the N. Texas chapter of the Honda Sport Touring Assn (HSTA).

Here's a pic of my ride... which is currently down with a bit of a hole in the radiator ;).

IMG_5633-640-1.jpg

Welcome! We have quite an active Tarrant County and Johnson County crowd. If you hang around long enough, you might even be inducted into the Burleson Mafia :trust:

Welcome aboard. Always nice to see big-bore bikes show their mugs around here.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Squidward - I just checked out that Loud Sucks website, I like it! Just for the record, my D&D's are their "new" generation quieter pipes. They sound full (big motor style), but they are not loud by any measure. I really like them a lot and get compliments all the time.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Squidward - I just checked out that Loud Sucks website, I like it! Just for the record, my D&D's are their "new" generation quieter pipes. They sound full (big motor style), but they are not loud by any measure. I really like them a lot and get compliments all the time.
Oh yeah....the loudsucks link is more for quads and dirt bikes. The noise has been a key argument made by those that fight to close down the public riding areas that are available to us dirt junkies.

I've heard the "quiet gen" D&D's on a co-worker's Busa and they sounded pretty good...nice and throaty. The only bikes that I absolutely hate hearing D&D's on are 600cc I-4's....it's like fingernails on a chalkboard IMO.

Perhaps we can meet up for a ride when I finally pick up another scoot.:rider:

Welcome Matt! :wave:

I'll second Kim on the activity of JC and TC folks. Watch the upcoming trips and events section for the next one.

Nice looking machine there :thumb:

Welcome to the forum. I agree with squidward, it's nice to see another muscle bike around here. Especially some Kawasaki muscle!:dude:

See you around.:rider:

Hey there! Welcome and nice bike. I'm in South Fort Worth but live in Crowley School district. Hope to see you at a dinner or two and do a few weekend runs with ya!

WELCOME! :wave:

Welcome, Matt!

Kidder aka Judd
Hey Judd! After that link you sent me, I figgered I'd check this place out. I don't get to chat with locals outside of our little "group" much, so this should be fun. I like the variety of rides I've seen on here so far - dirt bikes, cruisers, sport bikes... a nice mix.

Hey Judd! After that link you sent me, I figgered I'd check this place out. I don't get to chat with locals outside of our little "group" much, so this should be fun. I like the variety of rides I've seen on here so far - dirt bikes, cruisers, sport bikes... a nice mix.
We have riders of trials bikes, standards, motards and even drag bikes :mrgreen:

:welcome:, Matt
Come join us sometime on a Tuesday night. (we'll have Rich bring his ZX-11)
Can't seem to get Judd out during the week but he is a sucker for BBQ on the weekends! :-P

Matt, this board has a diverse number of bikes and bike owners! It's great! :rider:

Also, Bill, our semi-regular V-strom rider in the "group" is on this board also. His username is wasabi.

Welcome to the site zerMATT! I live in Crowley as well and ride a VStrom 1000, very well versed for a dualsport as I just found out this past weekend in Junction (does well as a submarine too....:shock: ).

As mentioned before, come on out on a Tuesday night Meet & Greet (M&G or MNG). Those of us who live in our area usually meet at Love's, off of exit 40 on I35W at 7pm, and then ride together for food and chat.

Tuesday nights is the Tarrant County M&G, but you might be interested in the Johnson County M&G for Monday nights as well. Either way, hope to see you soon.

Thanks for the invites guys, I'll try to make it to a M&G soon. I didn't realize what was going on soon enough last week to try to make it, but weather permitting, I may shoot for next Tuesday.

I just got done re-assembling my bike from a holed radiator, so I'm ready to ride again... just got to watch out for those little pebbles on FM203... it was loaded with them a couple of weekends ago. Thanks to Judd for pointing out my "little squirt" before we took off for another leg!!

Back