• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello

Reaction score
Last Name
Powers
Hi there. My name is Carol. My husband is looking for people to ride in East Texas with, when we move there.

We are looking for a club who allows British motorcycles. He has at least 40 year with a club here and would like to find another place to ride with friend who like the samething as he does.

I am sure you are wonderful people and we do love the idea of moving to Texas.

So, I'll be back to check in.
Thanks
Carol

Welcome to the site , hurry and get to Texas. There is a large Brit Bike club in the Houston area, They put on a big bike show and ride every spring , A good place to see some really nice bikes . Riders on this site will ride anything with two wheels, and a few with three. SEYA

You are more than welcome here at TWT, but we're not really a club. No dues, no officers, nothing but a bunch of riding fanatics ;-) Do you know yet where you will be moving to?

Brit Bikes said:
We are looking for a club who allows British motorcycles.
If you are talking Triumph, there is an active RAT group in Ft. Worth that meets at EuroSportCycle on the east side (SH121 and Riverside).

Like TM says, we are not a club, we have riders of all kinds of bikes, and a "Meet & Greet" usually has a wide mix - Brit, Japanese, Domestic, Italian, German - even scooters! :mrgreen:

Now if we could just get them to all speak English... :roll:

:welcome:

Howdy!

Oh, and after talking to someone who moved here from California to the Dallas area...let me go ahead and offer your husband condolences :-(

Hope he likes straight lines ;-)

I think there is usually a Norton group or some kind of brit show around Lake Tawakoni every year. I've never been so I'm just going on the word of someone who said they went once or something :confused:. I did see a nice Triumph in the back of a truck on my last trip to East Texas so odds are looking good for you.

Welcome Brit Bikes! Glad to have some more brit bike riders coming on, we gotta do something to take all these new KLR riders down a notch.

Where in California, and what part of East Texas? There's a handful of other CA transplants here too, myself included. Texas is great, but try not to snicker when they tell you that YOU talk funny.

Oh, and Chirpy's right. Get your fill of curves while you're out there. The best ones within any reasonable distance here are on-ramps.

Welcome! And what Gilk51 said, Eurosport Cycle in Bedford only sells European bikes (well, they have Japanese ones and whatnot in their 'used' area) and the owners are some of the nicest people around.

http://www.eurosportcycle.com/

They have Triumph, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi, Ducati, etc....:mrgreen:

oldbmw said:
I think there is usually a Norton group or some kind of brit show around Lake Tawakoni every year. I've never been so I'm just going on the word of someone who said they went once or something :confused:. I did see a nice Triumph in the back of a truck on my last trip to East Texas so odds are looking good for you.

NTNOA-(North Texas Norton Owners Association) holds the Lake 'o' the Pines rally. http://www.ntnoa.org/05loprecap.htm

STrider said:
...Texas is great, but try not to snicker when they tell you that YOU talk funny.
Well, it's the truth! :-P ;-)

It's good to have you here, Carol - hope you and your hubby enjoy Texas! :sun:

Thank you. You are all so nice. It excites me that hubby will find friends that love what he loves. Joe and I are in our 60's so it is going to be a big move for us. We also love dogs so we are bring 8 of them.

We live in Apple Valley. The High Desert. We would like to move to areas like Tyler, Longview, Ore City. The east part. If you know of areas where we can find a nice house with 5 or so acres, let us know. We would just like to stay around areas that are green. The Desert as you know has NO GREEN anything. We don't know the area that well but have talked to a few people.

I don't think hubby minds at all not being in a club. People is who he likes.
So thank you so much for the warm welcome. I'll have Joe come on and talk with all of you now that I opened the door. Thanks for being there. I was starting to wonder if we would ever find riders in East Texas.

Regardless of where you settle in to East Texas you won't be more than 5 minutes from some really nice roads. Maybe not as technical as Arkansas twisties but still fun with rolling hills, pine trees and not much traffic. One warning word about our roads here.... "chipseal" - watch for it and respect it. It's everywhere and some places are better/worse than others.

We have a small but growing contingent of riders in the Tyler/Longview area that will gather for weekend rides on occasion. We have begun a rotating location for our East Texas Meet & Greet (ETMG) on the second Thursday of each month and have dinner while sharing some true and not so true stories - be sure to check out the Upcoming Rides section for more details a couple of weeks in advance.

Again.... Welcome to the site and keep us posted on your arrival.:rider:

A few years ago I knew of someone that had a Blueberry Farm for sale with home just West of Avinger ( East of Ore City ). I'm not sure if he sold it or not. It actually had a small guest house and a larger main home. I will research and see if I can find our if he sold it. He actually held an annual 4th of July Blueberry rally.

Tom

This is just a few miles to where the annual British bike rally is held at the Lake of the Pines.

Tom

Well, that looks like a beautiful place but I think it is probable out of our price range. What in the world would we do with all that land? It looks like a lot of hard work. Thank you anyway. Do you know what they are asking for it?

I do not know the asking price but the web site has the contact information.

Tom

Remember, 5 acres with two houses is less than a 2500 sq ft house on a postage stamp in California...you might be surprised as to what you can afford! :-)

Wow, I just got an email back on the 40 Acres with 2 houses and Blueberry Farm. $325,000. What a deal. Unfortunately they have a contract on it at this time. They said they would keep me posted on whether it goes through.

Tom

Wow, that is a deal. Someone is going to reallybe happy with it.

Thanks Tom

Last edited:
I lived in Cleveland several years ago. As you move north, East Texas only gets nicer in my opinion. Tyler is a beautiful part of Texas.

Here are a couple of links
http://www.59texas.org/

http://www.bmoaonline.com/
On this site, be sure and put the May 2006 New Ulm Rallye on your list of things to do.

Welcome to Texas.

Yes, we think Tyler is beautiful. We need to be out of town with 8 dogs though so we don't have problems with neighors who don't like dogs.

Thanks for the nice web sites. Good to know that.

Back