• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop Trails Regular Saturday Ride

I had originally planned on camping tonight and riding tomorrow but had a few things come up. I'll ride out tomorrow morning and hit the trails then.

Re: Bastrop Trails Random and Irregular Ride

Vinny just showed up in his van and started throwing my crap into it... also mentioned something about puppies and candy... guess I'm coming

sweet, we have four ADV guys confirmed for the morning. we are meeting up at 10am at the gate but just tell the guy that takes the money that you are looking for the dual sport crowd and he will point you in the right direction

Ok, my count is now 6 guys rolling in on ADV bikes this morning and one rumored to be riding a GSA 1200 (StokedNBored). Two of us are meeting at my house at 9am for a spot of tea, then at the ranch by 10am. See you there!!!

Fantastic day out at McMahan Ranch in Smithville. The trails were awesome, lots of soft dirt. The KLR did develop a leaky radiator and had to be trailered home.

15132180983_4c3751aed1_c.jpg

15131627464_700865a777_c.jpg

15131627844_e5cd50e170_c.jpg

15751586175_bf5811b6d7_c.jpg

15753125972_149e67bfe7_c.jpg

15132180583_b433375e22_c.jpg

15565715899_fc16211168_c.jpg

You actually put a KLR in there ? More power to you guys. I was worn out on my 250# bike.
Great place to ride. Thanks to all for setting it up. Great camping venue also.

i dont think we call it a leaky radiator... we call it a wounded warrior. GREAT time and thanks Steve for coming out, what a blast and what a work out it was!!!!

and thanks to Gary for the ride home, your trailer is now a bit more green

Thanks Jqueen for coming out on your KLR650 on saturday. i had a blast and was AMAZING tearing up all the expert trails on our pair of "elephants" compared to the other guys.

Hi Y'all, I'm sort of new to dual sports. I want to ride in Bastrop, but have no clue.... Can someone give me a starting point ?

RideRed,

Welcome to TWT. You will need a tour guide. Be patient and when someone posts up on this thread ask if you can join in. Shouldn't try without help and really shouldn't ride there alone.

I would like to go again also. And I agree with the two old guys that just posted. You need a tour guide.

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

Hey ride red , is your XRR plated ?

Signatures ???? We don't need no stinking signatures !!!!!

This might be a good weekend to ride Bastrop, the 400 needs a workout. Maybe, Bastrop in the morning, park road to Buscher SP, then Murphy's in Winchester for lunch. I should know by tomorrow night if I can fit it in. Dirt Ride to Eat. :eat:

JT , whats the word on Saturday ? Looks like the weather will be great .

Let's say 8:30AM at the soccer field across from Buccee's. We'll ride the Bastrop trails for a few hours then head down to Murphy's for lunch. :eat:

Back