• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Re: Best Riding Around Ouachita Nation Forest?

It really isn't that much further to get to Clarksville on I-40 and the riding really is a lot better. You could head up US 259 to Ft Smith and then run I-40 over to Clarksville. That is quicker than going up 71. That said, if you are staying on pavement, pretty much all the paved roads in the area will be about the same. None really stands out unless you run up and over Magazine Mountain. Even if you stay in any of those places, I would still make all my loops going North. Hwy 7 is nice, but it can get a LOT of traffic with not many places to pass. Any of the roads that cross 7 are good and usually have less traffic. Hwy 123 between Clarksville and Mt. Judea is superb, especially after you cross 7 heading toward Mt. Judea. Hwy 16 all the way from Hwy 23 across 7 to US 65 at Clinton is great! Closer to Mena, there is Hwy 8, 27, and 28. 27 is is really fun all the way up through Marshall (on US 65) to Hwy 14.

The big issue is how many miles she will feel comfortable riding each day?

Back