• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

A Crazy Bob March M&G Campout

Bob are we planning on cooking/roasting something over the fire Saturday night?

I sent a pony express rider up your way with a bottle o' rum. let me know when it arrives.

:rider:

Y'all've heard of the butterfly effect? You know, a butterfly in the amazon flaps its wings and causes a hurricane in the gulf...

my version; a frigging snowflake in Memphis causes a lowly courier in a small town in texas to miss the weekend shindig.

Thor has toyed with FedEx and found us wimpy. No flights today, probably none tomorrow means that i may be working saturday and sunday (with freight that is trucked in)... i don't even want to comtemplate what monday will bring...

Anyway, i don't know for sure...and don't know when i will know...but i will let y'all know when i know...

color me blue

my.job.does.suck.

Y'all've heard of the butterfly effect? You know, a butterfly in the amazon flaps its wings and causes a hurricane in the gulf...

my version; a frigging snowflake in Memphis causes a lowly courier in a small town in texas to miss the weekend shindig.

Thor has toyed with FedEx and found us wimpy. No flights today, probably none tomorrow means that i may be working saturday and sunday (with freight that is trucked in)... i don't even want to comtemplate what monday will bring...

Anyway, i don't know for sure...and don't know when i will know...but i will let y'all know when i know...

color me blue

my.job.does.suck.

DRAT!!!:doh:

Gina, Did you mention to corporate this is a Crazy Bob Campout? I'm sure they could postpone the trucks a few more days. I can make a blinding light so they won't be able to find their way through Texas! :lol2:

Last edited:

color me blue

my.job.does.suck.

Well that does suck.

I'm not showing up for Saturday night, I'll be there, I think around noon (ish) on Saturday.

This campout is in conjunction with Kickstand Prophet's M&G on Sunday March 8th

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101312

The campout is at Union Grove Campground on the southwestern shore of Stillhouse Hollow Lake near Salado. The M&G is held on Sunday March 8 but you can come as early as you want. The Homeless Trio will actually be there from March 1st and not leaving until March 9th

VERY IMPORTANT

This is spring break time, so if you want to come, commit NOW. Sites are filling up quickly.

Don't look at the weather forecast. It will be wrong anyway. Just say yes!

So......

WHAT SAY YOU?

---------------------------------------
BODY COUNT

WEDNESDAY (Mar 4)
.....site 04
..........Homeless Trio (RV)
THURSDAY (Mar 5)
.....site 04
FRIDAY (Mar 6)
.....site 03
..........Shovel + adult supervision (tent thing)
...........KamLeeR (RV)
.....site 04
SATURDAY (Mar 7)
.....site 03
...........KamLeeR (RV)
.....site 04
..........,SpiritAtBay (tent)

.....site 05
..........Zephyr (Tent)
.........,WhiskeySmith (swinging)
.....site 06
..........kickstand prophet (tent)
..........JT (stealth)
...........Euromedic + ??
SUNDAY (Mar 8)
.....site 03
...........KamLeeR (RV)
.....site 04
..........SpiritAtBay (tent)
.....site 05
..........Zephyr (tent)
..........WhiskeySmith (swinging)

Hanging out with BB I gave up on plans a while back...I do rely on him packing though, packing wine or grapefroot juice. :eek2:
We are always looking for some animal to sacrifice over the fire pit.

Don't know of specific plans for meals, but we will figure out something. You got a plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MONEY

like the last campout, sites at Corp of Engr parks are economical but to cancel or change a reservation once made is cost prohibitive.

So... I calculated cost based on nights you said you were going to stay. That works out to about the same as last Campout (Rocky Creek) to about $6.50 per night per dwelling that you originally stated. Some still owe for last weekend as well :-)

It is no fun to go around and ask people for money, so I'll just make this one post.

You may pay via PayPal at Bob@Beemerbob.com or just pay me when you get here

Oh, By the way, Spiced Rum, Deep Eddy Grapefruit or dry red wine are acceptable methods of payment :-)

FOOD

Two Stumps says she is bringing sloppy joe and s'more makings.

We have pork chops, corn on the cob and thee Saint's to-die-for chili for dinner meals.

For snacks we have cheese, crackers and two stumps summer venison sausage. And make your own hot dogs.

For breakfast we have eggs, bacon, sausage and pancakes. Don't think anyone will go hungry. Wouldn't hurt to have a few tortillas and salsa if want to bring something.

If you go to bed hungry it's your own dang fault.

we need Carolyn two stumps to do the fire godess thing. This is the best we could do
03c85dea819f88dbef8188121a219f3a.jpg

The fire is dying out. We need our two stumps.

a5f15797674e19a1d50c0aa667694902.jpg

Any fire is better than no fire!
Truck loaded with stumps and logs!
Tell thee Saint she better wear her summer clothes and sunscreen tomorrow night. It's going to be a warm one!

There's a tear in my beer...

actually it's a glass of chardonnay, but anyway...

beseeching and imploring did not work.

i am working tomorrow (sat) for sure

it was suggested that i make an animal sacrifice to the Viking god Odin.
even that, however, failed to move the powers that be.

fairly sure i am not working sunday,
however, weather is looking iffy for two wheeling it
so may cage it to the M&G

fingers crossed, see y'all sunday!

Nail in rear, going to plug and head out. Hopefully it'll hold [emoji2]

Sent from my handheld, excuse the typos!

Howdy folks
Refer to post#1 to see what site you are assigned to. The first name on each site is the name of the person that the site is registered to, so if you are not named, just tell them you are staying with that person.

Site 3
......Andre Nieuwenhuis
Site 4
......Bob Squires
Site 5
......Robert Jennings
Site 6
.......Drew Wright

Gonna grab a bite to eat then headed that way. Should get there around 3.

Now that thars some wood allrite.

Ya'll mite wanna save those pieces.... could need em ta make a raft out of or sumthin.
Hope ya don't get too wet...... !

Last edited:
Back