• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Changing tires and Jacks.

KoryJ

Reaction score
I stumbled across a kickstand jack a wile back that looked great. Went to buy it and they were not making it due to manufacturing problems. Now I can't find it anyware. So I made my own, and it worked great. I have heard horror stories of trying to change tubes and tires, or laying the bike on its side to work on it. I have been debating on making some for sell. Because it has saved me on a trip, in 30min or under me and my father pulled the tire off, swaped out the tube, pumped up by hand, put it back together and back on the road. My only interest in selling them is to play for parts and my time.

c7324e84e41e3578b64d6a4550e6afe9.jpg

Last edited:
You're a bit late outta the gate. When you "went to buy it," you went to the wrong place. Should've come right here, to the Vendor's Forum where _RG_ offers some nice ones in Stainless that he makes, and there are numerous other sources across the country. If you do decide to make some to sell, you should place your in the Vendor's Forum right off so it doesn't get moved for you.

OUT BAK JAK

At some points folks get fed up with scouting around for logs, rocks, unattended livestock...whatever to hold up their bike WHEN flats happen. These work really well:

jak4.jpg

You're a bit late outta the gate. When you "went to buy it," you went to the wrong place. Should've come right here, to the Vendor's Forum where _RG_ offers some nice ones in Stainless that he makes, and there are numerous other sources across the country. If you do decide to make some to sell, you should place your in the Vendor's Forum right off so it doesn't get moved for you.

OUT BAK JAK

Awesome. I looked everywhere I'm even a member of ADV and didn't see it there either. It looks good, not trying to take business just trying to help people out. Thanks for the info.

KoryJ

OUT BAK JAK

Lol I looked everywhere I never saw it. Thanks.

KoryJ

Lol I looked everywhere I never saw it. Thanks.

KoryJ

:thumb:
I "look everywhere" and don't find stuff a LOT these days, and that's just in the house; right now I'm squinting at the monitor like an idiot and there are two pair of reading glasses on the table at my left elbow and another pair on the corner table abt 9ft behind me, another on the coffee table abt 50ft away, a pair in the car, and I left a pair at m'friends' ranch last weekend, so not being able to find anything might not be blameable on anyone else. :lol2::rofl::lol2:

:thumb:

I "look everywhere" and don't find stuff a LOT these days, and that's just in the house; right now I'm squinting at the monitor like an idiot and there are two pair of reading glasses on the table at my left elbow and another pair on the corner table abt 9ft behind me, another on the coffee table abt 50ft away, a pair in the car, and I left a pair at m'friends' ranch last weekend, so not being able to find anything might not be blameable on anyone else. :lol2::rofl::lol2:

That's what's sad. I have a degree in computer programming, audio/video editing, and web design. Just didn't find this on what I was looking for on what should be my home turf. (The Web) lol.

KoryJ

That's what's sad. I have a degree in computer programming, audio/video editing, and web design. Just didn't find this on what I was looking for on what should be my home turf. (The Web) lol.

KoryJ

Maybe that's the difference; my degree is in Chem E. (many thanks to your parents who paid their taxes that allowed The Canoe Club to send me to college and let me DRIVE those round-hulled Sewer Pipes instead of keeping 'em running :hail::hail:), before that I was Rickover-trained to be a mechanic in a Nuke Plant and to take nothing for granted, and my computer training was on an IBM 360/80, using Fortran-4 and punch cards, so I know I don't have a clue what's going on "out there" and so do a lot of digging (/Googling) before committing. Example: I could have jumped right in at the top of the Google Listing Friday and paid >$100 for a new crankshaft pulley (/harmonic balancer) for The Adventure Crown Vicky but I kept digging and actually paid $31.25, shipped. Same yesterday with a new battery for the '78 XS650 I pick up next week.

Knowing that you're ignorant has advantages in many instances. :trust:

Awesome. I looked everywhere I'm even a member of ADV and didn't see it there either. It looks good, not trying to take business just trying to help people out. Thanks for the info.

KoryJ

Variety the spice of life.:sun:

Last edited:
Heck yeah! Get some together and see if it's what folks are looking for. I started making these after seeing three different versions (that were being sold online) and deciding it could be done better. I believe worthy products deserve a place in the market. :thumb:

We make them in aluminum also but they are for folks who just want aluminum for whatever reason. Stainless version weighs 8 ounces, AL 7. Really not a meaningful weight savings to speak of.

Last edited:
Pix and $?

Here is a pic of it being used. Was planing on $25. Probably $30 or so shipped. I don't like the small hook on the ones posted earlier. They're nice to hook in the skid plate but don't look sturdy under the frame. Mine have a piece of angle iron for the bike to rest on. I'll get some better pics in be next couple of days.

a9c6d05af784ba61053ed52c1dfcc37e.jpg

KoryJ

That was nice of you and dad to trim up all those cedars in the background for the folks. Bring some with you to the M@G@E might spark some interest.

Last edited:
Yeap. We're nice like that. Took no time. The least we could do for them letting us use there drive. Lol. The guy did stand outside his house and stare at us for a wile.

KoryJ

Yeap. We're nice like that. Took no time. The least we could do for them letting us use there drive. Lol. The guy did stand outside his house and stare at us for a wile.

KoryJ

If you enjoyed that,I have 5 acres you two can have a blast in.:lol2:

I carry one of these set of tire iron spoons, zip ties, and some paper towels in a welding rod tube under my radiator.
f12392ca5250ff035c8e87327c2e229b.jpg
f9fbd51c41df30d02852f2c2947a7fe8.jpg

KoryJ

Back