• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Six Arkansas DS Rides

rkruz

Reaction score
First Name
Robert
I captured as .gpx the Dual Sport routes published in the Arkansas Motorcycling Guide 2016 magazine. A photo of the route description along with a downloadable routes are provided in the link below. From this link, you can download the route, revise if you like in Basecamp or another tool and then upload to your GPS. Sometimes the routes dont show up on the map viewed from the link but if you refresh the page they usually show up. Also, Garmin changed things up a bit and instead of a direct .gpx download you now have to install their free Basecamp application to get to the .gpx. So to removed that hassle if your not a Basecamp user I have included 5 of the 6 routes as .gpx attachments. Drop me a line if you would like to get together for a ride.

http://adventures.garmin.com/en-US/by/rkruz2/arkansas-guide-dual-sport-rides/

Attachments

• Paris to Lake Sylvia DS Ride 3.gpx
    167.2 KB · Views: 339
  • Ozark Forest DS Ride 2.gpx
    159.2 KB · Views: 398
  • Natural Dam to Boxely Valley DS ride 2.gpx
    232.8 KB · Views: 328
  • Great River Off Rd DS Ride 2.gpx
    117.2 KB · Views: 380
  • Crystal Springs DS ride 2.gpx
    171.7 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
I got the guide but this is even better!

Very cool - thanks for all the work to make these!

Very cool - thanks for all the work to make these!

your welcome. Its kinda fun and gives my idle hands something to do. They are also rides Im considering when the weather allows.

your welcome. Its kinda fun and gives my idle hands something to do. They are also rides Im considering when the weather allows.

At risk of shameless promotion, since one of your routes goes through Mena, you might be interested in the Rich Mountain Rendezvous -

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108494

The weather is usually 98% amazing! Except for rain when you get there and rain when you leave. The middle part is terrific though!

Back