• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bluetooth TPMS ??

There just flat isn't room for something like that on my GL1200. I can barely get a filler head on the rear tire as it is.
Not to mention adding 1oz will make you re-balance the tire.

I like the ones that go inside the rim, much better. Sure it's more expensive, but it doesn't require that I have my phone on the dash somewhere (just a wired indicator) and it's not easy to steal like this thing.

I'm surprised a couch like a GL doesn't have self inflating tires or something like that, lol!!! :rofl:

Well, in '85 they hadn't come up with much yet!
The new ones have more stuff, but less whiz-bang than you'd think. Go check out the BMW K1600GT/L for all that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The current Goldwing was released in 2001. Much has changed since then. I just don't find TPMS that helpful as it seems to be several pounds off from my tire gauges.

Last edited:
My Concourse had it and I didn't think much of it at the time, but kind of miss now since going back to the RT. Its helpful in a few ways... One is knowing your tire is low before it's so low you feel it. Also, I used it as an indicator that my tires had warmed up on a cold day. The Concourse was accurate though. I'd probably feel different were it not.

Reviving an old thread but the Doran 360 tire pressure monitoring system works really well. It comes with both the screw on caps and the internal type.

As far as tire balance is concerned, the screw on cap type don't affect the balance any more than disk drag or chain irregularities will. You don't need to rebalance your tires if you use the screw on cap types. One benefit of the screw on types is that if one fails, replacement is easy and you don't have to remove the tire.

Checking tire pressure is simple, look at the readout. Sure beats bending down to unscrew the caps and fiddle with an air gauge not to mention finding that the valve stem always seems to be inaccessible when you check.

Back