• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Plugfones

YoDoc

Reaction score
First Name
Eric
http://www.plugfones.com/

I bought a pair a few weeks back, and I can say that I have never been happier. I use them with a little belt clip style radio I have. They really do work as advertised. I don't have to turn up the volume much at all to enjoy my music or podcast or whatever. The pair I bought even has circuitry that keeps the sound from your music below OSHA regs for hearing loss if that's a requirement for you.

+3 thumbs up, man.

Interesting may have to try a set, for working around the house, I have my Scala for audio needs in the helmet

My only issue is the wires are not molded in at a 90 degree angle. This could cause clearance issues in some helmets. But the price is right that's for sure.

Agreed that a helmet Moto model is in order, I can't use any earphones in my helmets, but I've got big ears that stick out, so.....perhaps I'm a physical oddity but a model with smaller earphone and the angle might help.

I was worried about that too, but they are really a lot smaller than they seem in those photos.

I have some also. They are wonderful. As far as clearance, most of the helmets I've used have some space for speakers so it fits fine. I would recommend them.

Is there actually a difference in their line of plugphones, or is it just different colors?

http://www.plugfones.com/shop/

Edit: Nevermind, I found the answer online. They're all the same, except for one.

"All of the New Line Plugfones styles are the same except for the Contractor VL.

We offer the New Line Plugfones in Contractor, Executive, Ranger, Motorhead and Performer simply to appeal to your sense of style and illustrate the many uses of Plugfones. Each New Line Plugfones style has the same features and all have a NRR of 25dB.

The Contractor VL Plugfones feature volume limiting technology that limits your loudest volume to 82dB to comply with OSHA hearing protection and safety requirements."

Last edited:
I think it is funny to have the "hearing protection and headphones" caption motorcycle picture and the guy is not wearing a helmet.:loco:

They do come in your choice of silicone or foam. I hate those silicone flange earplugs.

I've been using JVC Marshmallow earbuds for the exact same purpose for about 5 years now and love them.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DVH265G/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_1?pf_rd_p=1944687542&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B005FDOGK2&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1Q7WSGK3YH8WJWMNJ4CA"]Amazon.com: JVC HAFX32B Marshmallow Earbuds, Black: Electronics[/ame]

I think it is funny to have the "hearing protection and headphones" caption motorcycle picture and the guy is not wearing a helmet.:loco:

I think I saw a disclaimer stating that this was a professional rider on a closed track and that you should not try this at home. :trust: The "Hunting & Shooting" guy isn't wearing eye protection either. Life lesson: Everyone doesn't play by the same set of rules.

Rangers.jpg

Use code "upgrademe" to get 25% off a pair. (note: Not sure how long the code will be honored, but it just worked for me.)

Like the Army recruiting posters all over every army base where the guy/gal in it is not wearing some or another piece of ppe that's actually required. Like this guy.

5fdd3f4d6ef0a0c6275cb7c4ee05f7e0.jpg

Where is your eye pro, hero?! On your helmet? Do you keep your eyes on your helmet, airborne?! No?! Consider me surprised! That's where your eye pro is, after all!

Re: Plugfones - Sale

Just got this in a promotional email:

Black Friday Sale - All Week Long!
Get 30% off everything in the Plugfones.com store,
Use the coupon code: BlackPlugs30 at checkout to receive your discount

Last edited:
Anyone tried bluetooth version?
https://www.plugfones.com/reviewed-plugfones-bluetooth-earplug-headphones
Would pair with Sena 10u, I like the idea of noise reduction; currently use cheap foam plugs.

I have a pair that are primarily used with the bluetooth built in to my RT's music system. I agree with the OP that you don't have to turn up the volume much to get nice results. For my part, the battery seems to last for a full day and a half of riding. Occasionally I use them with my phone to stream Pandora while vacuuming.

The pictures of them in use tend to show them being worn with the control piece on the back of the neck. When worn under my helmet, I wear them with the control piece in the front. To me, this provides easier access to the controls while riding...especially when wearing gloves.

This is my first experience with bluetooth headphones, so I don't have anything to compare them to, but satisfied just the same.

I think if you have them why would you even need a Sena at that point? just BT connect them to your phone like any other BT audio device?

For the intercom;
Whisky Smith- no problems with wires pulling out of ear plugs? Several reviews of original were critical of durability.
Thanks

...;
Whisky Smith- no problems with wires pulling out of ear plugs? Several reviews of original were critical of durability.
Thanks

I purchased my set as a part of their Kickstarter initiative. So I am guessing that they are part of the original batches that were produced. I have not had any issues with wires pulling out of the ear plugs. For reference, I wear a Schuberth C3 helmet.

Is your concern mainly durability, sound quality, noise reduction capability, something else? I'm 30-ish miles east of you in Seguin. I have a spare set of replacement plugs that you can use/have if you want to make the trip and try them out.

Note: I also have three sets of their wired ear plugs. I use one set at work, one at home, and one while exercising. No issues with any of the sets. Keep in mind that I would consider my use of all sets as "light-medium use/abuse".

Note 2: I like music and especially like it when it sounds good (to me). As a former, amateur sound engineer (in a previous lifetime, early 90's), I tend to take care of my electronic (audio) devices, earphones & headphones included. With the exception of two, White, 30-band EQ's, I've never bought high-end equipment. I just try to maintain the mid-level quality stuff I can afford (am willing to pay for).

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited:
I've had issues with wind noise making my phone stop the music to initiate voice controls so using mic-less headphones today , any issues with these?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back