• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Bastrop Area Dual Sport Rides

Re: Bastrop Sunday 9-17-2017

So, one of the benefits to being the boss is I get to write my own schedule :) If we get together for a ride in Bastrop next weekend, when should we go? Saturday 10-21 or Sunday 10-22?

Could I join?? I've never road Bastrop and been wanting to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I get this bike of mine up and running right, I'll post a ride and it will be epicish.

Looks like I'l be in Houston Friday and saturday, So I'll be heading to Bastrop Sunday morning. Chime in if you want to hook up.

I'm still planning on heading to Bastrop tomorrow. If anyone wants to ride out there with me, plan on meeting at the Texaco on 969 at 8:15, KSU at 8:30. If you want to rendezvous in Bastrop, meet us at the Bucee's at 9:15, we'll roll from there. Looking forward to it.

Well crap. Gear is all laid out, finishing my coffee, and now its dumping rain :(

Apparently this rain is sitting on Bastrop right now, and I bet those roads turn into red clay and muck after a good soaking. I guess I'm out.

There are spots that get sticky, but most of those trails drain really fast except for the mud holes. I loved how the trails changed after a really heavy rain.

Went out there yesterday and it was pretty muddy still, but mostly in the low areas. Still had a blast! One of the hills I went up was a workout on a big bike haha
3670c74b79c28696d289ee3327de47ed.jpg
d2adfd0d5c8534c2a88babacb02c5e3a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Do you have a GPS? I have all the tracks... I've led over 150 people on those trails... I miss them terribly...
I wondered where you went, you led a group of kayakers on the Colorado bout two years ago and promised an off-road/dirt road trip in Bastrop. When you set up another bike run, please post it with a bit of advance notice. I've heard a lot on the trails/roads around Bastrop and would like a chance to ride there.

Looking to ride Bastrop next weekend with a few friends from Austin. We've never ridden there before. Saw a few areas to ride throughout the thread. Any good camping spots besides state park? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody getting out there this time of year? I'm over in Franklin but if I'm off I'd love to get some trails in. Been way to long.

Anybody getting out there this time of year? I'm over in Franklin but if I'm off I'd love to get some trails in. Been way to long.

I can meet you out there sometime after the 7th. I’m about to head to big bend for a couple days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

We'll have to try to hook up then. I think I found the area on satellite but not totally sure.

I’d love to but I’m probably working. If something changes I’ll post on here or if you want to pm me your name and number I can contact you directly.

Start your holiday weekend early. Bucee's at 10:00 A.M. on Friday.

What bucee's? I would like to come ride, just picked up a KTM 1090, need to break it in."

I would assume the big one right there in Bastrop. That’s where I am going unless I hear different so at least two of us will be there, lol. I’m on a 1090R too!

I would assume the big one right there in Bastrop. That’s where I am going unless I hear different so at least two of us will be there, lol. I’m on a 1090R too!

Gotcha. See yall there.

Back