• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sup-A-Ten Versys Strom-A-Thon 4/7-4/9 2017 April Foolishness

A side note here....... or would it b ride note....?
Friday's meanderthall will be a northerly one so anyone headed down...... if youd likta meet us along the way....or for lunch..... come on down
I'll letya kno the location soon.... (its a good one)

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

A side note here....... or would it b ride note....?
Friday's meanderthall will be a northerly one so anyone headed down...... if youd likta meet us along the way....or for lunch..... come on down
I'll letya kno the location soon.... (its a good one)

Im in fo' dat!

My rally Butler map order came in today so I should have plenty if anyone else needs a map..... (ibcl the new NVBDR. & Route 66 set)
The fine folks at Butler also donated a couple of THC maps as prizes.........
so I'll add 4 more as prizes from my stock (any map ya want)!
Be sure you let me kno youve arrived & I'll add your name to the Sat nite supper drawing

Sup-A-Ten Versys Strom-A-Thon
(think Godzilla vs Mothra)

The rally for much maligned Adventure bikes
(the Strom is only meant for mild adv riding.NOT)
(the Tenere is much too heavy.NOT)
(the Versys is only a street bike.NOT)

Dates & location set
dang...that was quik
We have 4/6 thru 4/9 preferred by most replies.
I'll actually be riding down Thurs mornin from Waco if anyone wants ta join in

STAYIN
Kerrville KOA with low tent camping rates of $5 & two $25 cabins...
CABINS FULL
$17.50 RV spots too
(THANX RICH!)
I have a room booked at Inn Of The Hills nearer the KOA than others
Lots of other motel options in Kerrville...Most on TX16 near I10
(unfortunately...Hunter House Motel in Ingram is booked solid by anuther bike group this weekend)

EATIN
Saturday nite supper at
Billy Genes on Hwy 27 jus down the road from the KOA

Sunday Meet n Greet at Brew Dawgs 11am ....in Kerrville
(separate thread ta sign up)

RIDIN
Thursday mornin ride down from Waco with me if ya want. You kno what kinda roads I like
http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1495560

Come early Friday & get in on a Goatpath Deluxe Excursion with lunch at a great lil place I like up north.... or meet us for lunch & ride afterward

Saturday rides with several different groups..... your choice depending on type of roads..... gravel....pavement... or mixed
FMs & RRs..... County.... or both

Lets keep ride groups managable at no more than 8-9 bikes
Everyone will hav someone ta ride with if ya want

Ride groups will meet at the KOA each day round 8.... be fuelled up & ready ta leave by 8:30
LOOKY HERE
I'll order a fresh batch of Butler Hill Country maps for those interested
Lotsa xclnt roads highlighted
& HERE TOO

Speakin of maps.... the good folks at BUTLER MAPS have given me 2 extra maps to use as GIVAWAY PRIZES for the rally. I'll kick in 4 from my stock too. We'll have a drawing Saturday evening at supper to award the winners.
Be sure you let me kno youve arrived

ATTENDEES... where ya sleepin
Mr2mch - Inn O the Hills
MacDaddy - camper
Liteitup - AirB&B
Euromedic - camper
V-lust.....hoping
maximus_flavius - cabin
DFW Tom - camper
kickstand~prophet - camper
Ron Stromer - Super 8
RichK - Local resident
Jeff S.....Tenative...but on a Versys
Rick M
centextom - cabin
Zephyr + 1 - campers
TX_northstar - camper
duchess + tj - Hampton Inn
ucwinters +1
SantaFeTrailer - camper
LYNYRD - cabin
hogmolly (ST forum)
El_Chamiso (ST forum)
viffer07
KamLeeR
bigdave-gs - tenative...but on a KTM
TunerChris - tenative...but on a ?
retiredusaf
HS Driver Tenative...but on a Strom
Z00KA (ST forum) RV
Rockman Tex - camper
Simmons1 - motel
MrgreenGenes - Inn O the Hills
snapp600 +1- tenative... but on a DRZ
rpcraft
fly-by 75 - tenative... but on a ?

38 coming so far....

LEMME KNO IF YOUR INFO ISNT CORRECT ON THIS POST

Last edited:
As usual, my schedule changes from day to day. Going to play that weekend by ear. I'm tentatively still coming, I hope, I hope, but I don't know about my two boys yet. I haven't make any hotel reservations, so if I do get to come down, I guess I'll be tent camping.

I am highly considering this one. I'm on a drz though. may not be as fun.

I am working on talking my father into going if he can swing the time off for that weekend.
I know last years was a hoot. I thoroughly enjoyed the goat paths as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friday's meanderthall lunch spot is a favorite of mine from past Strom A Thons..... I'll let the cat outta the bag soon.....
Rite now I'll say its on the way...... round 1pm.... north

I hadnt thought about Saturday's spot yet

Friday's meanderthall lunch spot is a favorite of mine from past Strom A Thons..... I'll let the cat outta the bag soon.....
Rite now I'll say its on the way...... round 1pm.... north

I hadnt thought about Saturday's spot yet

I plan on being there on Friday morning. Where are the Friday early riders meeting at??

I would think lunch each day Thurs Fri & Sat would tend ta be at someplace along the various different ride groups path. My Friday lunch spot is up in "Bluebonnet Central"
c0e64b5cda2f2b6dfdd2b1a147bbbf0e.jpg

afb7bbf72c840f0bec55e95afc49e121.jpg

651c5295b057de0606f242fcf43ec7b4.jpg

Now ... supper.... thats when a restaurant near the KOA would come in handy.

So.... the only scheduled meet n eats for large groups are Sat nite & Sunday lunch. We can do a Fri eve supper somewhere if yall want

Speaking of ride groups...... some of yall may be very familiar with all the little local roads down in the hill country.....
We need some folks who dont mind being "mother duck" for others who may not kno the area's goatpaths n gravel so well..
IF YOU FIT THIS DESCRIPTION...... LET US KNO.. that way folks can gravitate toward you when meetn up each mornin.
Also ...mabe let folks kno your type of road preference.... be it FM RR RM..... paved goatpath... or gravel

OH.....& I almost forgot.....
WE NEED SOMEONE TO SNAP A GROUP PIC ....prob on Sat eve before supper

Last edited:
I'm going to ride down on Friday and probably have to head back Saturday evening (or really early on Sunday) but I'll probably drop in and catch up. Is this going to be the KOA that is out on Goat Creek Road? I had forgotten until recently there was a second one until I was looking at the description.

I'm going to ride down on Friday and probably have to head back Saturday evening (or really early on Sunday) but I'll probably drop in and catch up. Is this going to be the KOA that is out on Goat Creek Road? I had forgotten until recently there was a second one until I was looking at the description.

I've got to head back to Ft. Worth Saturday so if you want we can ride back together? Lynn (Lynyrd).

I've got to head back to Ft. Worth Saturday so if you want we can ride back together? Lynn (Lynyrd).

I'd be up for that! I don't have a specific time frame or game plan. Was just going to ride down on Friday with Ronstromer and I think maybe one or two others, then maybe ride some more and head back. I originally planned on coming back on Sunday but work has interfered with my weekend plans again (probably going to be one of the last few times that happens to be honest, lol). :rider:

I would think lunch each day Thurs Fri & Sat would tend ta be at someplace along the various different ride groups path. My Friday lunch spot is up in "Bluebonnet Central"
c0e64b5cda2f2b6dfdd2b1a147bbbf0e.jpg

afb7bbf72c840f0bec55e95afc49e121.jpg

651c5295b057de0606f242fcf43ec7b4.jpg

Now ... supper.... thats when a restaurant near the KOA would come in handy.

So.... the only scheduled meet n eats for large groups are Sat nite & Sunday lunch. We can do a Fri eve supper somewhere if yall want

Speaking of ride groups...... some of yall may be very familiar with all the little local roads down in the hill country.....
We need some folks who dont mind being "mother duck" for others who may not kno the area's goatpaths n gravel so well..
IF YOU FIT THIS DESCRIPTION...... LET US KNO.. that way folks can gravitate toward you when meetn up each mornin.
Also ...mabe let folks kno your type of road preference.... be it FM RR RM..... paved goatpath... or gravel

OH.....& I almost forgot.....
WE NEED SOMEONE TO SNAP A GROUP PIC ....prob on Sat eve before supper

Sorry for being ignorant on the Friday morning meeting place.
Im so HAPPY that your friday lunch spot is NOT BBQ !!!

Back