• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2008 KLR650 - NE Texas

Reaction score
***SOLD*** Here is an experienced KLR650 at a great price for the overall condition! I purchased this bike from a National Guard member that was using it for commuting. The bike had not been registered since 2013 and had been sitting in a lean to shed withering away... The turn signals had the rubber deteriorate and they were hanging by the wires, you could see the air IN the tires through the weather cracks etc.. I disassembled the bike and ordered the parts needed to make it a good bike again. I removed the rear shock and staked the preload ring that is known for letting go and not allowing preload adjustment. I fixed that and checked the linkage while it was apart. Here is a rundown of what was changed...
New front and rear tires, X-Ring Chain to replace a crappy standard chain that had been installed with new sprockets, new front and rear turn signals, front right side fairing to replace a cracked one from a tip over, maintenance free battery, grips, foam air filter, oil and filter, coolant changed, brake fluid flushed, clutch lever, lots of screws and bolts. There are some scars on both sides, but it's a dual sport bike and not a garage queen. I highly doubt that it has had the doohickey done, but it's a cheap deal to do if your so inclined.
The bike has 23,045 miles and the motor sounds as good as my '09 with 8,000 miles. Everything works like it should and will make a great bike for someone to get into dual sport riding at an affordable price.
SOLD

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1112.jpg

IMG_1113.jpg

IMG_1114.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

Thanks,

~Tony

Last edited: