• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Red River Saturday 2/9 Ride Report

I did something similar up there on my DR350 many years ago. Mine never stopped running, but the end of the muffler was under water and it took 2 4wd 4 wheelers to pull it out.

Mine technically never stopped running while in the water. I killed the motor once I realized I was in deep enough to take in water through the top of the airbox. I just didn't want to hydro-lock that sucker and snap a rod.

It would have been great if I'd caught the sinking ship on my helmet cam, but it was back in the truck. I did get this vid of him almost falling over while getting pulled out though. :-P

Man...I wish I wasnt sick this weekend....Those pics really make me want to go to red river.

You guys are killing me. Temp around 70 and Im going out there next weekend to race and they are taking SNOW. Oh well I got a few hundred miles on the street today and had a blast.

You guys are killing me. Temp around 70 and Im going out there next weekend to race and they are taking SNOW. Oh well I got a few hundred miles on the street today and had a blast.

Photojojo mentioned the upcoming race, which along with the great weather certainly had lots of riders out there. Heck, I drove more than 500 miles just to ride 13.2 miles of dirt - and would do it again! :rider:

Looks like all you men had fun.:):clap:

Didn't your moms ever say to you, "why can't you just grow up"?
Because being an adult doesn't mean you have to relinquish the child inside. If the child inside is dead, then the person is dead.

That goes for us wimmenz, too. :flip:

Photojojo mentioned the upcoming race, which along with the great weather certainly had lots of riders out there. Heck, I drove more than 500 miles just to ride 13.2 miles of dirt - and would do it again! :rider:
A couple of Trials events are scheduled there over the next few months. I plan on going up to watch and video/photo one of them. Wanna go?

If you're gonna do the TORO race.........you better get your tall gears, and sand tires out.If it doesn't rain,it's gonna be brutal, and I might add........................very fast!

If you're gonna do the TORO race.........you better get your tall gears, and sand tires out.If it doesn't rain,it's gonna be brutal, and I might add........................very fast!

My weatherman was talking about the possibilty of snow and ice next weekend. That's great racing weather!!

Me on that same section. Not nearly as graceful as the other guy, but I made it! :sun:

Squeaky, it is amazing how far out of your original comfort zone you have come from a few years back :clap:

Have you shown this stuff to your family? If so, what were their reactions?

Well right... but what about the motorcycling activities...

I do half of my riding out there with one eye closed and a prayer on my lips following some of the guys in my "posse". I have no idea where there going. Sometimes we'll be riding along and I'll see a nasty trail and I'll think to myself I hope we don't go down that. Then...right turn and we're going down.

I do half of my riding out there with one eye closed and a prayer on my lips following some of the guys in my "posse". I have no idea where there going. Sometimes we'll be riding along and I'll see a nasty trail and I'll think to myself I hope we don't go down that. Then...right turn and we're going down.

Bill told Rachel and I to wait a sec while he checked out what the section down a hill looked like - he came back shaking his head and said we didn't want to go that way because the back end of his bike tried to lift up and over - so we went a different way. A few minutes later, we were coming UP that same hill section he told us not to go down! We'd made a circle. :lol2:

Back