• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recommend E Texas Yamaha Dealer?

Reaction score
Four miles west of the 4-way stop in downtown Flin
We escaped Houston to settle in Tyler a couple of years ago. It's been years since I had a bike and, yes, a Motorcycle Safety Course is on the agenda. I'm newly retired with lots of free time to enjoy the FM roads of East Texas. Does anyone have a favorite Yamaha dealer in the Tyler - Longview - Marshall area?

There were some negative comments about the local Tyler dealer several years back. Anyone know if this shop is under a new owner or is doing a good job supporting customers?

Carl

I like the Longview guys a lot. I've bought from twice. They provide service; my wife even takes her Kawi Z750 there, now that they've taken her favorite mechanic from the Kawasaki shop.
Others on the forum might be better suited to talk about the Broadway (Tyler) guys.

Broadway is about as good as any Yamaha dealer I have had dealings with. I will have to say they have improved a lot since they moved locations. I don't know if it is a real improvement, or just seems like it. I also can't say if there was any management or ownership changes.
Be warned, my standards aren't that high and I ride a Honda now. I did love my Venture though. :rider:

I personally wouldn't take anything to B'way Yamaha for repairs unless it was absolutely necessary and even then I'd probably head to Longview. Their customer service has been quite poor in the past.

I forget his name but their regular parts guy is exceptional and will work with you on pricing. They do have a good selection of accessory items.

I can't vouch for the sales team but I suspect it's typical of most dealerships.

I bought my Super Tenere from the dealer in Longview. We worked the deal via email and it was as hassle-free as a transaction could be. It only took about 30 minutes from the time I walked into the dealership to when I was riding away. Thumbs up! If you need a contact there, let me know.

Thanks for the feedback on the Longview dealer. It's just a short drive down I-20 and there's always time to swing by Johnny Cace's or Dudley's for seafood on the way home.

I would certainly appreciate a contact at the dealer and will mention their good reputation on TWT.

Thanks for the feedback on the Longview dealer. It's just a short drive down I-20 and there's always time to swing by Johnny Cace's or Dudley's for seafood on the way home.

I would certainly appreciate a contact at the dealer and will mention their good reputation on TWT.

Service manager is named John; store manager is named Jerry. (They don't know about TWT over there, though... they call me Bill Woodall instead of Pub610.)

Back