• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EMMA LONG

Dao

Reaction score
Late breaking news!!!

In the next three weeks BCP is passing a document that would close The Park from March 1st to Sep 1st each year. Plus this document will give them the right to close any trail they want. This document is terrible but it may be a great and final opportunity because they are coming up publically and in writing with their plan.

This is a case were I, TOMAS PANTIN, could help but the action we need is by you and a zillion of your friends, and only you can do it. There will be a meeting at my studio on Monday at 6:30pm. We have such short deadline that there is no choice.

Bring a chair. 1601 East 7th Street, Suite 100. A gray two-story building with a small parking lot and red collums. On the South East Corner of E 7th St and Comal.

Last edited:
In the current Travis county election, are any of the propositions going to effect Emma Long? (Proposition B for example) Watch the way you vote.

Like the tax cuts that's being shoved up our ><>>,
IT's happening TOMORROW!!!

If you don't show up we loose...it is that simple.

The word around city council is we are just a few angry guys.

We need to show up in masses.

Very few will have the opportunity to speak but we still need you present.

This Friday, show up by 9:30 am

The meeting is by the BCCP Board:they approve or disapprove BCP staff actions. This time BCP staff is trying to pass a policy that would close our park for half of the year.

Attached is a map to City hall, once in the building ask for ?City Council Chambers?

Park in the basement of the building and bring the parking stub with you for free validation.

See attachment for parking and location of CIty Hall

Attachments

• Austincityhall_parking.jpg
    Austincityhall_parking.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 331
It's my post - I do me.

and this isn't about obama or trump or me towing party lines.
this is about gov't taking away our freedom to do as we choose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've ridden Emma Long quite a bit, and have also participated in a few of the trials competitions there. It's always a blast riding there whether I'm on the trials bike or dirt bike.

I can't make the city council circus-fest, but I've done the Austin Best thing and hope the BCP gets told to put their new rules where the sun doesn't shine.

Last edited:
Word at the city council is we are just a few angry guys.l

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in 2016 Austin had a population of 947,890 reported.

If you got 947 people to show up (id bet more like 100 max) you still would be just 1% and to politicians that = just a few angry guys unless you are donating millions to campaign funds.

I really do wish you the best of luck... I cant make the meeting as i have to work (no work, no job, no job no motorcycles, no motorcycles no need for a place to ride)
I sent in my comments, name and address in support of denying this rule change. I can only hope it helped.

Last edited:
947 would be 1‰ or 0.1%
Even worse odds to matter to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but in 2016 Austin had a population of 947,890 reported.

If you got 947 people to show up (id bet more like 100 max) you still would be just 1% and to politicians that = just a few angry guys unless you are donating millions to campaign funds.

I really do wish you the best of luck... I cant make the meeting as i have to work (no work, no job, no job no motorcycles, no motorcycles no need for a place to ride)
I sent in my comments, name and address in support of denying this rule change. I can only hope it helped.

Sad but true! I don't live there but did send in the form and made comments fwiw.

We are here . About 30 riders .

Attachments

• IMG-20171201-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20171201-WA0003.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 344
I'm still rehabing my acl before I can ride again, was hoping this place will still be there when I get back on the bike. Sounds like it might.

We are here . About 30 riders .
The 0.001% riders. You need to make patches.

I hope to make the long haul to Emma Long one day. Thanks for helping to ensure it will still be there to enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Save Emma Long stickers, all the GS guys can put them on their big aluminum boxes and be seen at Starbucks! Perfect for the Austin crowd.

Save Emma Long stickers, all the GS guys can put them on their big aluminum boxes and be seen at Starbucks! Perfect for the Austin crowd.

:rofl:

Excellent suggestion!

Back